Search

Displaying 1 - 15 of 15

An autochrome photograph of Dr. Solon E. Haynes's garden, taken from the southwest. Haynes was a Kansas City physician.

Date: 
September 10th 1934

An autochrome photograph of the University of Kansas City (now University of Missouri - Kansas City) Administrating Building, taken from the southeast.

Date: 
October 8th 1933

An autochrome photograph of the University of Kansas City (now University of Missouri - Kansas City) Administrating Building, taken from the northwest.

Date: 
October 10th 1933

An autochrome photograph of a pool, taken from the south on the grounds of the University of Kansas City (now University of Missouri - Kansas City).

Date: 
October 1st 1933

Library and Administration buildings at the University of Kansas City, later University of Missouri-Kansas City. This vantage point faces northwest towards Newcomb Hall (left) and Scofield Hall (right).

Date: 
May 1938

Program for "Peaceful Valley", a play in three acts by Edward E. Kidder and presented by the Dramatic Club of Holy Cross Parish at the Auditorium Theatre on November 24, 1920. Notable political figures paying compliments include James M. Pendergast and Thomas J. Pendergast.

Date: 
November 24th 1920

Photograph of the first confirmation in 1927 in front of the original rectory of St. Peter's, Kansas City, Missouri. Bishop Thomas F. Lillis is present and pictured. This vantage point faces east towards the old rectory at the southeast corner of Holmes Street and Meyer Boulevard.

Date: 
1927

Mid-1920's photograph of St. Peter's Church (left) and Rectory (right) on the south side of Meyer Boulevard between Holmes Street and Charlotte Street. This original corrugated iron church building was known by the congregation as the "Tin Cathedral". This vantage point faces southeast from the northwest corner of Holmes and Meyer.

Circa 1940 photograph of the rectory for St. Peter's Church. This vantage point faces east on Holmes Road between Meyer Boulevard and 64th Terrace.

Postcard of the Research Hospital, located at the southwest corner of 23rd Street and Holmes Street in Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces southeast from the intersection of 23rd Street and McCoy Avenue (now Kenwood Avenue). The back of the postcard includes a short letter to from Frances E. Farrell to Mrs. Mack Allen of Winfield, Kansas.

Date: 
September 16th 1921

Postcard of the New German (Research) Hospital, located at the southwest corner of 23rd Street and Holmes Street in Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces southwest from just east of the intersection of 23rd Street and Holmes Street. The back of the postcard includes a short letter from Esther Carter to Bessie Hendrickson of Wichita, Kansas.

Date: 
October 18th 1918

Photograph looking east along the south side of 13th from the east side of Holmes. St. Mary's Episcopal Church is pictured to the right.

Date: 
1930

Photograph looking west from the northwest corner of Charlotte Street and 12th Street. The Marquette Hotel and Jackson County Courthouse is pictured in the background.

Date: 
1941

Photograph of the members of the Children's Bureau providing preventive health examinations to pre-school children at the Humboldt School at the northeast corner of 11th Street and Holmes Street. The image is featured in the photograph section of the October 29, 1933 issue of the Kansas City Star.

Date: 
October 1933

Photograph with caption, "Standing in front of the bath house of Karnes School are 135 boys in their first communion class in 1919. Most of the boys attended Karnes." The school was located south of Pacific Street between Missouri Avenue and Independence Avenue and between Holmes Street and Charlotte Street.

Date: 
1919
KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY
Civil War on the Western Border: The Missouri-Kansas Conflict,1855-1865.
The Pendergast Years, Kansas City in the Jazz Age & Great Depression.
KC History, Missouri Valley Special Collections at the Kansas City Public Library.