An autochrome photograph of a fountain at the intersection of Brookside Boulevard and 52nd Street.
An autochrome photograph of William M. Hand's residence, taken from the east at J. C. Nichols Company's old site. Hand was manager at the General Electric Company.
An early J. C. Nichols Company sign located on Brookside Boulevard by Countryside Park. In the background is the "Rock House" located at 5230 Brookside Boulevard. This vantage point faces west on Brookside Boulevard between 52nd Street and 53rd Street. The sign reads: "1000 Acres Restricted, Country Club District, Highly Developed and Protected Residence Property, water, light, gas, etc., attractive prices, J. C. Nichols, High Class Residence Property, 1213-14 Commerce Bldg.".
Northern exterior of E. C. White School, first public school in the Country Club District, once located at the northwest corner of 49th and Main Streets. This vantage point faces southeast on a portion of Brookside Boulevard now renamed Ward Parkway, just west of Main Street.
Standard Oil Company Filling Station planned, designed and constructed by the J. C. Nichols Company for the Standard Oil Company. This vantage point faces northeast on Brookside Boulevard just south of 62nd Terrace.
Early picture of the 51st Street shopping center, the first business development built by J. C. Nichols Company. At time of photograph, the Country Club Grocery Co. Meat Market took up residence in this building. Located on the northeast corner of Brookside Boulevard and 51st Street, this building was better known by 1925 as part of the Colonial Shops.
This picture of the Brookside Shopping District was taken looking northeast at the intersection of Brookside Boulevard and 63rd Street.
This picture of John S. Watkins at the Brookside Shopping District was taken looking northeast at the intersection of Brookside Boulevard and 63rd Street.
Interior of Brookside Hall, Miss Helen Thomes' dance class in session. This vantage point faces north-northeast inside of Brookside Hall at the northeast corner of 63rd Street and Brookside Boulevard.
Female instructor and six young girls attending a Kansas City Conservatory of Music class in 1920. Brookside Hall was located on the second story of the Brookside Building at the northeast corner of 63rd Street and Brookside Boulevard.
This picture was taken looking west in the Marie Antoinette Shop, once located at 6231 Brookside Boulevard in the Brookside Shopping District.
Exterior of Colonial Shops at 51st Street between Brookside Boulevard and Oak Street, showing one automobile parked out front. This vantage point faces northeast at the intersection of Brookside Boulevard and 51st Street.
Children playing at a playground at 58th Street and Brookside Boulevard in 1920. This vantage point faces north from near the center of Brookside Triangle Park.
Sponsored by the Women's Community Council, this Christmas pageant was held at 4 PM on December 24, 1921 for all children and parents in the Country Club District. This vantage point faces south at the intersection of Westover Road, 54th Street, and Brookside Boulevard.
This picture was taken looking north at the southwest corner of Brookside Road and 66th Terrace. Wornall Road at the left.
Clipping entitled "The Meeting Place" from the Kansas City Post on May 7, 1935 with caption stating, "It was at this station, on the Country Club street car line at Fifty-seventh street and Brookside boulevard, that James M. Kemper, president of the Commerce Trust company, was told to deliver $250,000 in two suitcases to an extortionist. Mr. Kemper was informed that unless he delivered the money he would be kidnaped, held for $500,000 ransome and members of his family would be harmed. A youth who gave his name as Peter Warren was arrested when he met Mr.
Postcard of the Country Club District, showing Brookside Boulevard. This vantage point faces north on the west side of Brookside Boulevard, just south of 54th Street. The description on the back of the postcard reads, "An interesting view in the country club district, one of Kansas City's best residence sections. This is the largest high class exclusive residence section in the United States."
Postcard of the Brookside Hotel, built in 1918 at the southwest corner of 54th Street and Oak Street. This vantage point faces southeast from just east of the intersection of 54th Street and Brookside Boulevard. The Second Presbyterian Church is pictured to the right.
Photograph looking east on 53rd Street Terrace towards its intersection with Brookside Boulevard. Homes on the west side of Oak Street and the Country Club streetcar line are pictured in the background.
Photograph of three cars parked at the intersection of 53rd Street Terrace and Brookside Boulevard. This vantage point faces east-northeast from the southwest corner of the intersection. Homes on the west side of Oak Street and the Country Club streetcar line are pictured in the background.