Old municipal market and city hall in the process of being torn down for a new municipal market. This vantage point faces northwest from the intersection of 5th Street and Walnut Street.
Architect's model of the New Municipal Market which was planned to be completed in 1938 on the grounds of the demolished City Hall and Market.
Clipping from the Kansas City Star on March 18, 1932 showing James P. Aylward, Casimir J. Welch, James M. Pendergast, William E. Sullivan (left to right, top) as well as Michael Ross (bottom). They are shown attending the Jackson County Convention at the Jackson County Courthouse once located between 5th Street and Missouri Avenue and Oak and Locust streets.
Photograph of the Metropolitan Hotel located at 5th Street and May Street, southeast corner. Also known as The City hotel according to the scrapbook newspaper clipping.
Circa 1915 photograph with view of 5th Street looking east-northeast toward its intersection with Grand Avenue (now Grand Boulevard) in the right background. Also pictured is Centropolis Hotel (center) and American Steel and Wire Company (right).
Circa 1915 photograph with view of Fifth Street looking east towards its intersection at Central Street (left). Also pictured is the Fifth Avenue Hotel at 305-307 W. Fifth Street. Was earlier known as the Delmonico Hotel.
Photograph of the old City Market facilities on the west side of Walnut Street between 4th Street and 5th Street. This vantage point faces north from 5th Street between Main and Walnut and includes a partial view of a small truck backed up to the market.
Photograph of the Central Italian Evangelical Chapel. Sign on building identifies as Chiesa Evangelica Italiana. This vantage point faces east from the west side of Forest venue just south of 5th Street.
Photograph of businesses at the northeast corner of Walnut Street and 5th Street. Pictured establishments include Merchants Bank, Fruit Supply Co., and Aleshi Brothers Produce Company.
Circa 1940 photograph of buyers and sellers at the outdoor stalls of the Farmers' Market in the City Market. This vantage point faces north-northeast with the Muehlebach Brewery in the far right background.
Circa 1940 photograph with aerial view looking down onto the City Market and the neighborhood directly to the northeast.
Circa 1940 photograph with aerial view looking down onto the City Market and the neighborhood directly to the northeast, including the ASB Bridge.
Photograph of the City Market (foreground) and City Hall (background) looking northwest from the intersection of 5th Street and Walnut Street.
Circa 1928 photograph with frontal and side view of the American Steel and Wire Company; located at 417-23 Grand Avenue.
Circa 1928 photograph with full frontal and side view of the Graham Paper Company, once located at the northeast corner of 6th Street and Broadway Boulevard. Other businesses in view include Kansas City Furnace Company and Sleek-Warwick Paper Company.
Inaugural address of Bryce B. Smith, mayor of Kansas City, Missouri delivered on April 10, 1930 in the Council Chamber of City Hall. Smith addresses the current challenges of corruption and how his administration will regain the trust of the public through his political agenda. Smith encourages a community-wide effort through cooperation among public officials to best serve the public.