Letter describing unfair treatment by Pendergast bosses at the WPA in Crawford County, Missouri.
Letter from Philip A. Lantz to Governor Lloyd C. Stark, lauding him for his work against corruption in Missouri, including his work for James Douglas' election to the Missouri Supreme Court. Lantz says the Pendergast machine is an "Ala Baba band of boodlers [who] want to get their filthy paws on the whole state for the glory of Ready Mixed and the plethora of loot."
Letter from E. K. Bonebrake to Governor Lloyd C. Stark, discussing his experience with machine election fraud in his role as a Republican election judge in 1936. He reports that "the job is not to be envied by an honest citizen," and that Pendergast's machine "had such a large force of workers, against which I had to fight almost single-handed."
Letter from Lloyd C. Stark to Jimmy Hurst discussing the state of their orchards and making an invitation to visit his own orchard if he happens through.
Letter from Lloyd C. Stark to Senator Harry S. Truman, discussing state politics. Stark compliments Clarence Cannon and says he can be of assistance, and writes that "he will be delighted to do anything he can because, confidentially, he is deeply grateful to Mr. Pendergast for his friendship and assistance."
Letter from Lloyd C. Stark to Mrs. Francis M. Wilson, stating his confidence that he will receive the support of the Pendergast machine and Bennett Clark.
Letter from Carrell Hull to Lloyd C. Stark, prior to Stark's election as governor. Hull compliments Stark's business, Stark Brothers Nurseries and Orchards, and reporting on support he perceives for Stark's gubernatorial campaign. He also states that the Howell County democratic organization are "only active when personal gain is promised or is in sight."
Letter from E. L. Preston to Tom Pendergast, congratulating his endorsement of Lloyd Stark for governor.
Letter from Lloyd C. Stark to Arthur F. Smith, thanking Smith for his support for his campaign.
Letter from Lloyd C. Stark to Duke Shoop discussing other potential candidates for governor as well as campaign logistics. Stark writes that his campaign has "received about 67% of all the spaces in the newspapers devoted to the gubernatorial candidates since the last election, while all the other candidates put together have received the remaining 33%."
Letter from Lloyd C. Stark to Chester A. Franklin, editor of The Call newspaper, offering to discuss further his suggestions "concerning the need of better educational facilities for the Negroes in Missouri."
Letter from Lloyd C. Stark to Jim Pendergast, making a gift of a jug of Golden Delicious apple cider from Stark's orchard.
Letter from Lloyd C. Stark to James Pendergast, discussing upcoming campaign activities, including a Young Democratic Club Rally in Joplin, and a party he is holding at home ahead of the State Cornhusking Contest.
Letter from Lloyd C. Stark to James M. Pendergast, nephew of Boss Tom Pendergast, inquiring as to when Tom will return to Kansas City from a trip to Colorado so that Stark might travel to meet with them.
Letter from Lloyd C. Stark to James M. Pendergast discussing family health and his orchards, as well as the business of the last state legislature.
Letter from Lloyd C. Stark to Tom Pendergast, mentioning "certain rumors ... regarding a mutual friend of ours" in Jefferson City and asking for a meeting.
Letter from Tom Pendergast to Lloyd C. Stark, asking him to give special consideration to Mart Barrons and ensure that he gets the advertising business for the Apple Association.
Letter from Lloyd C. Stark to Tom Pendergast, making a gift of a jug of Golden Delicious apple cider from Stark's orchards.
List of recipients of a gift of Golden Delicious apple cider from Lloyd C. Stark's orchards.