This photograph was taken looking west towards Bell Street from the intersection of 39th Street and Genessee Street in Kansas City, Missouri. Pictured are Merritt Outdoor Advertising Company billboards to the left and a Crown Drug Company building to the right.
13 piece swing orchestra, part of WPA Federal Music Project playing at the Kansas City Boy's Orphan Home, Sept. 16, 1938. The Kansas City Boy's Orphan Home was once located at the northwestern corner of 43rd Street, Westport Avenue (now Westport Road), and Belleview Avenue. Source: Lawrence Denton.
Map showing the boundaries of precincts as defined in 1918 for the third ward of Kansas City, Missouri. This ward is bounded by 24th Street to the north, Kansas to the west, 39th Street to the south, and Main Street to the east.
Photograph of Roanoke Baptist Church located at the northwest corner of 40th Street and Wyoming Street.
Photograph of the Perry Orphans' Home and grounds, located at Westport Road and Belleview. This vantage point faces north-northwest from the intersection of 43rd Street (Westport Road) and Jarboe Street.
Photograph of the Van Horn School, located to the east of the intersection of 37th Street and Wyoming Street. The school was named for Robert T. Van Horn, early Kansas City pioneer.
Map showing the boundaries of precincts as defined in 1918 for the fourth ward of Kansas City, Missouri. This ward is bounded by 39th Street to the north, Kansas to the west, south city limits to the south, and Campbell Street and Troost Avenue to the east.