An autochrome photograph of Andrew S. Barada's garden, taken from the south in the spring of 1933. Barada was president of Barada and Page (Chemicals).
An autochrome photograph of H. H. Beels standing next to a large polygonum vine. Beels was treasurer of Gallup Map & Supply Company.
An autochrome photograph of the W. H. Collins residence, taken from the south and looking north. Collins was president of the W. H. Collins Investment Company.
An autochrome photograph of a fountain at the intersection of Brookside Boulevard and 52nd Street.
An early J. C. Nichols Company sign located on Brookside Boulevard by Countryside Park. In the background is the "Rock House" located at 5230 Brookside Boulevard. This vantage point faces west on Brookside Boulevard between 52nd Street and 53rd Street. The sign reads: "1000 Acres Restricted, Country Club District, Highly Developed and Protected Residence Property, water, light, gas, etc., attractive prices, J. C. Nichols, High Class Residence Property, 1213-14 Commerce Bldg.".
5434 Central Street home of Zeno T. Briggs, who bought a lot in 1909 and lived at this home until June 1929. This vantage point faces west-northwest on Central Street just north of 55th Street.
Forty students of the William Cullen Bryant School who pulled dandelions in the Country Club District. Prizes were given for those who pulled the most. This vantage point faces north towards the rear of the school from just north of 57th Street between Wornall Road and Central Street.
Sponsored by the Women's Community Council, this Christmas pageant was held at 4 PM on December 24, 1921 for all children and parents in the Country Club District. This vantage point faces south at the intersection of Westover Road, 54th Street, and Brookside Boulevard.
This picture of the Crestwood Shops was taken looking east-southeast on 55th Street between Brookside Boulevard and Oak Street. A crowd of men, women, and children are waiting to see the Easter Bunny.
This picture was taken looking west-northwest on 55th Street between Brookside Boulevard and Oak Street. Large crowd of men, women, and children at Crestwood Shopping District on Easter 1935.
Small group of children standing near an Easter bunny statue at Crestwood Shops in 1923. This vantage point faces south-southwest on 55th Street towards a coffee shop at 311 East 55th Street in the background.
Photograph of Henry F. McElroy, Jr. and Mary McElroy with their father Henry F. McElroy, Sr. (left to right). The photograph was taken at the home H. F. McElroy, Sr., immediately following Mary's release from abduction at the Milburn Golf Club. This vantage point faces north towards the south entrance to St. Teresa's Academy across the street.
Postcard showing the Crestwood Country Club District at 55th Street and Oak Street in Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces north towards the 2nd Presbyterian Church (pictured left) from between Oak Street and Crestwood Drive, just south of 55th Street. The back of the postcard includes a short letter to W. C. Hobbs at the Wentworth Military Academy in Lexington, Missouri.
Postcard showing St. Teresa's Academy at 55th Street and Main Street in Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces northwest towards the front and side of the academy from between Main Street and Wyandotte Street, south of 56th Street. The back of the postcard includes a short letter to Catherine Hall of Independence, Missouri.
Clipping entitled "Home Again" in Kansas City Journal-Post on May 29, 1933 showing Mary McElroy after she was released from her kidnapping. The caption states, "A large crowd of friends which had awaited anxiously at the home of H. F. McElroy during the long hours following the kidnapping of his daughter, Mary, Saturday morning was on hand to greet her when she was returned Sunday afternoon by her father and brother following her release at the Milburn Golf club. The picture above, taken just after the family had stepped from the car, shows H. F.
Postcard of the Country Club District, showing Brookside Boulevard. This vantage point faces north on the west side of Brookside Boulevard, just south of 54th Street. The description on the back of the postcard reads, "An interesting view in the country club district, one of Kansas City's best residence sections. This is the largest high class exclusive residence section in the United States."
The promotional program for the dedication of Donnelly Hall in celebration of the Diamond Jubilee of the founding of St. Teresa's, 1866-1941. The program includes a brief history of the organization, photographs of the interior and exterior of the new Donnelly Hall, and advertisements for local businesses.
Promotional brochure for St. Teresa College, "the only Catholic College for women in Kansas City." The pamphlet includes photographs and information on location, programs, coursework, and expenses.
Postcard of the Brookside Hotel, built in 1918 at the southwest corner of 54th Street and Oak Street. This vantage point faces southeast from just east of the intersection of 54th Street and Brookside Boulevard. The Second Presbyterian Church is pictured to the right.
Photograph looking east on 53rd Street Terrace towards its intersection with Brookside Boulevard. Homes on the west side of Oak Street and the Country Club streetcar line are pictured in the background.