This picture of the Country Club Plaza Theater was taken looking west-northwest at the intersection of Alameda Road (now Nichols Road) and Wyandotte Street.
Maypole dancing and many athletic events planned for the annual Country Club District Community Field Day at Southwest High School at the southwest corner of 65th Street and Wornall Road. This vantage point faces northeast from just east of Pennsylvania Avenue by the track behind the high school.
This picture of the J. C. Nichols Companies Building was taken looking northeast on Ward Parkway just east of Broadway Boulevard.
Main entrance into the J. C. Nichols Companies building. Iron grillwork originally on the main doors was removed because doors were too heavy to be pushed open easily. This vantage point faces north on Ward Parkway between Central Street and Broadway Boulevard.
First floor lobby of the J. C. Nichols Companies building at 310 Ward Parkway, Kansas City, Missouri.
Stairway to the second floor, showing the illustrated map of the Country Club District on the west wall of the J. C. Nichols Companies building, 310 Ward Parkway, Kansas City, Missouri.
This picture was taken looking north in the median of Ward Parkway just north of Gregory Boulevard.
Brentnall Shop at 217 W. 47th Street, specializing in corsets, lingerie, and hosiery. This vantage point faces south on 47th Street between Wyandotte Street and Central Street.
Martha Washington Candy Shop located at 215 West 47th Street. This vantage point faces south on 47th Street between Wyandotte Street and Central Street.
This picture of the Country Club Plaza Theater Building was taken from atop the Wolferman Building looking southwest, diagonal to the theater at 47th Street and Wyandotte Street.
This picture of a Country Club Plaza parking lot was taken looking south-southwest from atop the Country Club Plaza Theater at Alameda Road (now Nichols Road) and Wyandotte Street.
An aerial view of the Country Club Plaza in 1930, looking north from the top of the Wornall Road hill. The Walnut Apartments complex is in the foreground.
This picture was taken looking north from atop the J. C. Nichols Building, between Broadway and Central Street, Alameda Road and Ward Parkway. The parking lot was located between Broadway and Central Street, Alameda Road and 47th Street. The Plaza Balcony Building is shown in background.
Photograph of General Hospital #2, a hospital for African-Americans once located just north of the intersection of 22nd Street and McCoy Avenue (now Kenwood Avenue). This vantage point faces west towards the two main wings of the hospital. Captioned: "Old City Hospital, as the above building is best known, has been General Hospital No. 2, for the care of Negroes, since 1908. Previous to the building of General Hospital No. 1, it was the city's one hospital. In 1914 its personnel became Negro and it has continued to be operated by race professional men and nurses.
Photograph of the interior and exterior of the Kansas City Tuberculosis Hospital No. 2, built in 1928 as an annex to the Tuberculosis Hospital built in 1914. Captioned: "Kansas City Tuberculosis Hospital No. 2 is situated in the country, outside of the city limits, on high spot to the west of U. S. highway No. 40. It is a new building, constructed in accordance with the latest ideas on the treatment of tuberculosis, and has the most modern equipment. It is a free hospital, giving treatment until patient is discharged with disease arrested.
Group photo of Bennie Moten's Victor Recording Artists taken at Fairyland Park by Cresswell's Photo Studio, Kansas City, Missouri; band is seated with instruments, ca. 1930. Source: Herman Walder.
Thamon Hayes’ Rockets on stage at Fairyland Park, ca. 1930. Fairyland Park was located at the southeast corner of Prospect Avenue and 75th Street. Pictured from left: Harlan Leonard, alto sax; Vic Dickenson, trombone; Herman Walder, alto sax & clarinet; Hayes, trombone; Woody Walder, tenor sax & clarinet; Richard Smith, trumpet; Booker Washington, trumpet; Ed Lewis, trumpet; Charles "Crook" Goodwin, banjo & vocals; Samuel "Baby" Lovett, drums; Vernon Page, bass & tuba; Jesse Stone, piano, arranger & conductor. Source: Claude Williams.
Panoramic photograph of the bands of the Musicians Protective Union Local 627, assembled for the annual Battle of the Bands at Paseo Hall, followed by a parade to the Musicians Association Building at 1823 Highland Avenue, where this picture was taken. The eight contestant bands pictured are Bennie Moten and George Lee's orchestras, Elmer Payne's Music Masters, Paul Banks's Rhythm Aces, Andy Kirk's 12 Clouds of Joy, Jap Allen's Troubadours, Julius Banks's Red Devils, and Bill Little and His Little Bills.
Photograph of opera singer Laurence Pierot, Holy Cross Pastor Rev. J. P. Prendergast, and Holy Cross Choir Director William Saeger standing outside the Holy Cross Catholic Church after Mass. Saeger and Pierot were brothers. This photograph was taken facing north towards the main entrance to the Holy Cross Catholic Church.
Photograph of the fourth grade class of 1930 at the Holy Cross School. This vantage point faces east towards the southwest entrance to the Holy Cross Catholic Church.