Search

Displaying 1 - 20 of 67

An aerial view of the Country Club Plaza in 1925, looking north-northwest near Brookside Boulevard and 51st Street.

Date: 
1925

Children in costume at the 1925 Community Field Day on the grounds of the Pembroke-Country Day School.

Date: 
May 15th 1925

Romanelli Gardens, the northeast portion of the Armour Farm, just west of Wornall Road and south of 67th Street, has been added to the developing section of the Country Club District. This vantage point faces north-northeast at the intersection of Pennsylvania Avenue and 68th Terrace were this fountain was once located. The houses on the northern side of 68th Street between Pennsylvania Avenue and Wornall Road can be seen in the background and the steeple of the Sixth Church of Christ Scientist at 400 West 67th Street can be seen to the right in the far background.

Date: 
1925

This picture was taken looking south at the intersection of Mission Drive, Overhill Road, and Ensley Lane in Mission Hills, Kansas.

Date: 
1925

This picture was taken looking northwest just south of the intersection of 71st Street (now Gregory Boulevard) and Wornall Road. In November 1925, a shopping center known as Romanelli Shops was completed at the southwest corner of Wornall Road and 71st Street. These shops included R. L. Fish and Sons Grocers, Mason's Pharmacy, O. D. Stewart Barber Shop, Ambassador Cleaners, and a Piggly Wiggly Grocery Store.

Date: 
November 1925

This picture was taken looking west at the intersection of 50th Street and State Line Road. In November 1925, a small shopping center was being developed at the entrance to Westwood Hills, at 50th Street and State Line, designed in the mode common to English farm buildings with a touch of Normandy introduced by means of a round tower.

Date: 
November 1925

This picture was taken looking northeast just east of the intersection of Alameda Road (now Nichols Road) and Central Street. Christmas decorations are shown on the streets of the Country Club Plaza.

Date: 
December 1925

In 1925, the J. C. Nichols Company maintained a small sales office in the Stratford Gardens area located at the southeast corner of 61st Street and State Line Road.

Date: 
1925

The first snowstorm of winter 1925 came earlier than expected, and the J. C. Nichols Company snow plows were out immediately, working in three relays throughout the night.

Date: 
1925

Panoramic view of Western University Band at Muehlebach Field in 1925, G. H. Taylor, director. Source: Booker T. Washington.

Date: 
1925

Photograph of pallbearers carrying the body of Monsignor James T. Walsh who erected the Our Lady of Good Counsel Church at 3934 Washington Street, Kansas City, Missouri. Walsh died on November 20, 1925 and was buried three days later.

Date: 
November 23rd 1925

Clipping from the Kansas City Post on February 26, 1925 showing three Kansas City policemen involved in a heist. The caption states, "Confessions they stole eleven cases of whisky from a $200,000 cache they found in a garage at 7112 East Fifteenth street, were made today by these three policemen. Their signed statements involve Joseph R. Gant, accused wrecker of the Centropolis bank. They are (1) Ira H. Miller, police chauffeur; (2) Lawrence Bowers, patrolman; (3) William F. Langford, patrolman."

Date: 
February 26th 1925

Clipping from The Missouri Alumnus, Vol. XIV, No. 4, featuring a biography of James Madison Kemper, Sr. on the occasion of his promotion to president of the Commerce Trust Company, Kansas City, Missouri.

Date: 
December 1925

Photograph of the First Methodist Episcopal Church, South located at the northwest corner of Maple Avenue and Spring Street in Independence, Missouri.

Date: 
March 1925

Photograph of young women in costumes posing in front of a building in the Kansas City area, with two men peeking out a window at the group. The women were numbered in pen and are identified on the back of the photograph.

Date: 
August 6th 1925

Photograph of the congregation of the St. George Serbian Orthodox Church on the occasion of its consecration in 1925. The church was located at the intersection of Bethany Street and Lowell Avenue in Kansas City, Kansas.

Date: 
1925

Photograph of unidentified girls, members of the St. George Serbian Orthodox Church congregation.

Date: 
April 19th 1925

Photograph of the exterior of the Wyandotte County Courthouse, located on the northwest corner of 7th Street and Minnesota Avenue, looking northwest from Minnesota Avenue.

Date: 
1925

Photograph of a large crowd gathered for an event at the intersection of 31st Street and Van Brunt Boulevard/Hardesty Avenue. This vantage point faces west on 31st Street between Drury Avenue and Oakley Avenue and shows the intersection of 31st and Van Brunt at the traffic light. The Milton Moore School on the south side of 31st between Cypress and Elmwood is pictured at the top of the hill, half obstructed by trees.

Date: 
1925

Photograph of a large crowd gathered for an event at the intersection of 31st Street and Van Brunt Boulevard/Hardesty Avenue. This vantage point faces west on 31st Street between Drury Avenue and Oakley Avenue and shows the intersection of 31st and Van Brunt at the traffic light. The Milton Moore School on the south side of 31st between Cypress and Elmwood is pictured at the top of the hill, half obstructed by trees.

Date: 
1925

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY
Civil War on the Western Border: The Missouri-Kansas Conflict,1855-1865.
The Pendergast Years, Kansas City in the Jazz Age & Great Depression.
KC History, Missouri Valley Special Collections at the Kansas City Public Library.