An autochrome photograph of J. C. Nichols's residence, taken from the south. Nichols was a nationally influential real estate developer.
An early J. C. Nichols Company sign located on Brookside Boulevard by Countryside Park. In the background is the "Rock House" located at 5230 Brookside Boulevard. This vantage point faces west on Brookside Boulevard between 52nd Street and 53rd Street. The sign reads: "1000 Acres Restricted, Country Club District, Highly Developed and Protected Residence Property, water, light, gas, etc., attractive prices, J. C. Nichols, High Class Residence Property, 1213-14 Commerce Bldg.".
View of Jesse Clyde Nichols home at 1214 Santa Fe Road (now 1214 West 55th Street). This vantage point faces east-northeast towards the residence from just north of Santa Fe Road between State Line Road and Ward Parkway.
J. C. Nichols Company salesmen organization, taken on the terrace of the J. C. Nichols home at 1214 W. 55th Street. This vantage point faces north towards the residence from just north of Santa Fe Road (now 55th Street) between State Line Road and Ward Parkway.
This picnic oven in Indian Hills was a favorite spot of Mr. Nichols, and the family often spent an evening here. Mr. Nichols is shown bringing the firewood, Ernest Holt tending the fire, Miller and Eleanor with one of the family dogs around a tub of water, Jake Scott standing at the fireplace, Grace Carlson seated at far right, and Clyde Nichols and another of the family pets seated on top of the fireplace.
Formal presentation of Arbor Villa Park, developed by the J. C. Nichols Company. Pictured are J. C. Nichols and Shannon C. Douglass, President of the Armour Hills Homes Association. This vantage point faces north-northeast near the southeast corner of the intersection of 66th Terrace and Main Street.
The Kansas City Welcoming Committee to Secretary Patrick J. Hurley and party under the auspices of Missouri River Navigation Association. Mr. Nichols can be seen in the back row, fourth from the left.
Most any morning about 8:30 found Mr. J. C. Nichols entering the office at 310 Ward Parkway. Iron grillwork originally on the main doors was removed because doors were too heavy to be pushed open easily. This vantage point faces north on Ward Parkway between Central Street and Broadway Boulevard.
Directors and sponsors of the 1933 Country Club District Community Field Day, held on Southwest High School campus. Shown are John L. Shouse, George D. Melcher, J. C. Nichols, Miles C. Thomas, Howard E. A. Jones, Albert H. Monsees, and H. Merle Smith. This vantage point faces southeast towards the Sixth Church of Christ Scientist at the corner of 66th Terrace and Wornall Road from near the Southwest High School football field.
This picture of the Plaza Dog Mart was taken looking west-northwest from atop the J. C. Nichols Company Building. Country Club Plaza merchants sponsored a dog mart where people interested in buying a dog could see and inspect many breeds of dog. This dog mart was located at the future site of the Plaza Medical Building.
J. C. Nichols and his friend, J. Emmett Woodmansee, in an informal pose.
This picture of the J. C. Nichols Company building was taken looking northeast on the north side of Ward Parkway just west of Central Street.
J. C. Nichols inspires his sales force at one of his company's morning meetings.
Clipping from the Kansas City Journal on November 8, 1924 showing the Board of Governors for the Liberty Memorial Association. The caption states that, "A copper plate has been made from the above photographs of members of the board of governors of the Liberty Memorial association, and will be placed in the cornerstone of the memorial shaft at the cornerstone laying ceremonies tomorrow. The copper plate was made and donated by the Holland Engraving company. The photos are by Strauss-Peyton.