An autochrome photograph of the J. C. Nichols Company office building, taken from the southeast.
An early J. C. Nichols Company sign located on Brookside Boulevard by Countryside Park. In the background is the "Rock House" located at 5230 Brookside Boulevard. This vantage point faces west on Brookside Boulevard between 52nd Street and 53rd Street. The sign reads: "1000 Acres Restricted, Country Club District, Highly Developed and Protected Residence Property, water, light, gas, etc., attractive prices, J. C. Nichols, High Class Residence Property, 1213-14 Commerce Bldg.".
In 1925, the J. C. Nichols Company maintained a small sales office in the Stratford Gardens area located at the southeast corner of 61st Street and State Line Road.
The first snowstorm of winter 1925 came earlier than expected, and the J. C. Nichols Company snow plows were out immediately, working in three relays throughout the night.
Main entrance into the J. C. Nichols Companies building. Iron grillwork originally on the main doors was removed because doors were too heavy to be pushed open easily. This vantage point faces north on Ward Parkway between Central Street and Broadway Boulevard.
First floor lobby of the J. C. Nichols Companies building at 310 Ward Parkway, Kansas City, Missouri.
Stairway to the second floor, showing the illustrated map of the Country Club District on the west wall of the J. C. Nichols Companies building, 310 Ward Parkway, Kansas City, Missouri.
Most any morning about 8:30 found Mr. J. C. Nichols entering the office at 310 Ward Parkway. Iron grillwork originally on the main doors was removed because doors were too heavy to be pushed open easily. This vantage point faces north on Ward Parkway between Central Street and Broadway Boulevard.
Halloween decorations on the Plaza, showing the shack of the Plaza Witch who would read your future for free. This picture was taken looking south at the southwest corner of Alameda Road and Central Street. This shack was located at the future site of the Plaza Medical Building. The J. C. Nichols Company Building is shown in the background.
This picture of the Plaza Dog Mart was taken looking west-northwest from atop the J. C. Nichols Company Building. Country Club Plaza merchants sponsored a dog mart where people interested in buying a dog could see and inspect many breeds of dog. This dog mart was located at the future site of the Plaza Medical Building.
This picture of the J. C. Nichols Company building was taken looking northeast on the north side of Ward Parkway just west of Central Street.
J. C. Nichols inspires his sales force at one of his company's morning meetings.
Edward Tanner, the J. C. Nichols Company architect who designed much of the Country Club Plaza, as he appeared in 1939.
Motorized snowplows are called into action to clear the sidewalks of J. C. Nichols Companies homes in the Oak Meyer Gardens subdivision. This vantage point faces west on 65th Street just west of Cherry Street. Southwest High School at Wornall Road and 65th Street can be seen in the far background.