The Kansas City Welcoming Committee to Secretary Patrick J. Hurley and party under the auspices of Missouri River Navigation Association. Mr. Nichols can be seen in the back row, fourth from the left.
Armour-Swift-Burlington Bridge, with the Mark Twain and the General Ashburn, stern wheelers, carrying Patrick J. Hurley, Secretary of War, and his party on a trip to demonstrate the navigability of the Missouri River. This vantage point faces east towards the bridge and the south bank of the Missouri River.
Photograph of the Old Detention Home on Oak Street, south of Fifth Street, ca. 1930s. This vantage point faces west-southwest on Oak Street.
Old municipal market and city hall in the process of being torn down for a new municipal market. This vantage point faces northwest from the intersection of 5th Street and Walnut Street.
Architect's model of the New Municipal Market which was planned to be completed in 1938 on the grounds of the demolished City Hall and Market.
People waving U.S. flags on top of double-decker bus headed north on Main Street as part of a "baseball parade." The sign on the bus reads: Baseball Game Today, Muehlebach Field, Mercy Hospital - K.C. Orphans Boys' Home. This vantage point faces west-southwest towards the Hotel Stag at 414 Main Street. Source: Bernard Ragan.
Photograph of city council meeting in the "old chambers" of City Hall at the northeast corner of 5th Street and Main Street. This photograph by Anderson Photo Studio, Kansas City, was taken prior to the completion of the new City Hall at 414 East 12th Street in 1937. Source: Bernard Ragan.
1940's photograph of Main Street looking north towards 5th Street from just south of the intersection of Main and Missouri Avenue.
Clipping from the Kansas City Star on March 18, 1932 showing James P. Aylward, Casimir J. Welch, James M. Pendergast, William E. Sullivan (left to right, top) as well as Michael Ross (bottom). They are shown attending the Jackson County Convention at the Jackson County Courthouse once located between 5th Street and Missouri Avenue and Oak and Locust streets.
Photograph of the Metropolitan Hotel located at 5th Street and May Street, southeast corner. Also known as The City hotel according to the scrapbook newspaper clipping.
Circa 1915 photograph with view of 5th Street looking east-northeast toward its intersection with Grand Avenue (now Grand Boulevard) in the right background. Also pictured is Centropolis Hotel (center) and American Steel and Wire Company (right).
Circa 1915 photograph with view of Fifth Street looking east towards its intersection at Central Street (left). Also pictured is the Fifth Avenue Hotel at 305-307 W. Fifth Street. Was earlier known as the Delmonico Hotel.
Photograph of the old City Market facilities on the west side of Walnut Street between 4th Street and 5th Street. This vantage point faces north from 5th Street between Main and Walnut and includes a partial view of a small truck backed up to the market.
Photograph of Grand Central Depot located at the southwest corner of 2nd and Wyandotte in Kansas City, Missouri. Sign on building reads "Friedman Bros. Wholesale Groceries". This vantage point faces north-northwest from the northeast corner of 3rd Street and Wyandotte Street.
Photograph of the W. F. Baker Poultry and Eggs Building, once located at the southwest corner of Grand Avenue (presently Grand Boulevard) and 4th Street.
Photograph of the Harmony Lunch Restaurant, once located at the northwest corner of Grand Avenue (presently Grand Boulevard) and 4th Street. Also pictured is an advertisement for Muehlebach Pilsner Beer.
Photograph of businesses at the northeast corner of Walnut Street and 5th Street. Pictured establishments include Merchants Bank, Fruit Supply Co., and Aleshi Brothers Produce Company.
Photograph of the Nigro Pool Hall and Red Gibson's Restaurant, once located at the southeast corner of 3rd Street and Walnut Street.
Photograph of businesses at the northeast corner of Walnut Street and 4th Street. Pictured establishments include Walnut Buffet and New Market Cafe.
Photograph of businesses at the southeast corner of Walnut Street and 4th Street. Pictured establishments include Defeo Fruit Co., L. Yukon & Sons Produce Co., Inc., and William F. Helm & Son.