Photograph of General Hospital #2, a hospital for African-Americans once located just north of the intersection of 22nd Street and McCoy Avenue (now Kenwood Avenue). This vantage point faces west towards the two main wings of the hospital. Captioned: "Old City Hospital, as the above building is best known, has been General Hospital No. 2, for the care of Negroes, since 1908. Previous to the building of General Hospital No. 1, it was the city's one hospital. In 1914 its personnel became Negro and it has continued to be operated by race professional men and nurses.
Photograph of the doctors of General Hospital #2, a hospital for African-Americans once located just north of the intersection of 22nd Street and McCoy Avenue (now Kenwood Avenue). This vantage point faces west towards the southeastern entrance to the hospital.
The Generalite, 1940 is a yearbook for the General Hospital Number Two, Class of 1940. Included are portraits of Dr. Edwin Henry Schorer, director of Health for Kansas City, Missouri; Dr. Percy C. Turner, Superintendent for General Hospital No. 2; Lorenda S. Harris, R. N., Superintendent of Nurses; and Miss Bernice F. Brown, R. N., Instructor of Nurses. Also included are group photographs of the staff physicians, staff nurses, graduate nurses, and students of each graduating class.
The Municipal Hospital Service Building with central heating plant, laundry, and incineration for the General Hospital group, Kansas City, Missouri, ca. 1930s. This vantage point faces north-northwest on 22nd Street just west of McCoy Avenue (a street once located one half block west of Holmes Street).
Photograph of twelve men with medical paraphernalia labeled "Internes" at Kansas City's African-American General Hospital No. 2.
This 48-page issue of the Jackson County Medical Journal focuses on the "Kansas City General Hospital: Colored Division", also known as General Hospital No. 2. Amongst advertisements for local businesses, this issue includes exterior and interior photographs of the facilities and staff. It also includes the hospital's history, reports, departments, and personnel. Biographies of Drs. Thomas Conard Unthank, John Edward Perry, William James Thompkins, and Dennis Madison Miller are also present.
Clipping from the Kansas City Journal-Post on September 29, 1935 showing downtown Kansas City. This vantage point faces north-northwest from the east side of Gillham Road between 23rd Street and 24th Street. The photograph shows the Kansas City Journal-Post Building (left-center) and the Western Auto Building (left).
Interne certificate awarded to Karl A. Menninger from the General Hospital of Kansas City, Missouri. Dr. Menninger was a psychiatrist who later founded the Menninger Clinic in Topeka, Kansas.
Circa 1930 photograph with frontal and side view of City Ice Company of Kansas City, Plant No. 1; located at northeast corner of 21st Street and Campbell Street. The building was erected in 1908 as a steam plant and was remodeled in 1927. This vantage point faces northeast from the southwest corner of 21st and Campbell.
Circa 1932 photograph showing a fleet of City Ice Company of Kansas City delivery trucks parked at Plant No. 1; located at 21st and Campbell streets. Identifying information says: "Walker Electrics. The Company owns Walker trucks in 12, 20 and 36-cake sizes. These are used on routes."
Circa 1932 photograph with side view of a City Ice Company of Kansas City delivery truck described as "six-wheel, 63-cake Diamond T., used as transfer truck." The truck is parked outside of the Locust Street entrance of General Hospital with two unidentified people. This vantage point faces east from the west side of Locust Street between 23rd Street and 24th Street.
Circa 1930 photograph with frontal and side view of City Ice Company of Kansas City, Plant No. 1; located at northeast corner of 21st Street and Campbell Street. The building was erected in 1908 as a steam plant and was remodeled in 1927. This vantage point faces northeast from the southeast corner of 21st and Campbell with coal delivery trucks outside Garage No. One. The trucks are identified as part of the Fuel Service Deptartment.
Photograph of the First Nazarene Church at the southwest corner of 24th Street and Troost Avenue. At various times it was also known as Beacon Hill Congregational Church and St. Andrew's Methodist Church.
Photograph of looking northeast towards Signboard Hill from atop the Liberty Memorial shaft. The view includes the Journal Post Building, Coca Cola Building, General Hospital, and Hotel Plaza.
Photograph looking east towards the McGee freight sub-station and team yards from the McGee Street Viaduct.
Photograph with slide description, "Bathing her baby, Florence Home For Colored Girls, Kansas City, Missouri."
Circa 1928 photograph with distant view of the Kansas City Journal-Post Building, located on the east side of Oak Street between 22nd Street and 23rd Street. Also shows Hospital Hill and the Midwest Oldsmobile Company. This vantage point faces southeast from the Coca-Cola Building at 2107 Grand Avenue.
Photograph with exterior, street level view of the repair or shop building maintained by the Kansas City School District. It is located at the northeast corner of 21st Street and Charlotte Street.
Photograph with a distant exterior view of the Morse Public School, showing students outside with playground equipment and playing a game of baseball. The school was named after S. F. B. Morse, American inventor. This vantage point faces south-southeast from the northeast corner of 21st Street and Charlotte Street.