Photograph of General Hospital #2, a hospital for African-Americans once located just north of the intersection of 22nd Street and McCoy Avenue (now Kenwood Avenue). This vantage point faces west towards the two main wings of the hospital. Captioned: "Old City Hospital, as the above building is best known, has been General Hospital No. 2, for the care of Negroes, since 1908. Previous to the building of General Hospital No. 1, it was the city's one hospital. In 1914 its personnel became Negro and it has continued to be operated by race professional men and nurses.
Photograph of the interior and exterior of the Kansas City Tuberculosis Hospital No. 2, built in 1928 as an annex to the Tuberculosis Hospital built in 1914. Captioned: "Kansas City Tuberculosis Hospital No. 2 is situated in the country, outside of the city limits, on high spot to the west of U. S. highway No. 40. It is a new building, constructed in accordance with the latest ideas on the treatment of tuberculosis, and has the most modern equipment. It is a free hospital, giving treatment until patient is discharged with disease arrested.
Tenth Anniversary and "Progress Edition" of the Kansas City Call newspaper. The paper includes stories about crime and political news, social and church updates, sports stories, and advertisements for local businesses, groceries, and cosmetic products. A spread on page B-3 includes a statement from editor and publisher C. A. Franklin as well as photographs of the Call's facilities on 18th Street and its editorial and other staff. "Present Day Kansas City Far Cry From 1850" on B-4 describes the changes in the city over the last 75 years.