Johnson County Museum

Displaying 97 - 108 of 209

Kittle House Swimming Pool

Photograph of the swimming pool at the rear of the Kittle family home at in Westwood Hills, Kansas, in 1935. A woman and two girls in bathing suits and caps are pictured in the pool, with another girl sitting on the edge. A stone wall separates the pool from the Tudor-style house. 

Kittle House Backyard and Swimming Pool

Photograph of the Kittle family house backyard and swimming pool in Westwood Hills, Kansas, circa 1931. Looking southwest from a neighboring property, the image displays the yard's stone walls, swimming pool, and a neighboring house in the background. 

Kittle House Backyard

Photograph of the backyard of the Kittle family house, adjacent to their swimming pool, in Westwood Hills, Kansas, circa 1935. The image shows a table covered by an umbrella and a garden area inside a stone wall, and neighboring houses and garages can be seen in the background of the image.

Kittle House

Photograph of the Kittle family's home at 8039 West 80th in Overland Park, Kansas, circa 1916. The two-story wood house was occupied by the family of O. H. Kittle, dry goods company operator, and a car is visible in the driveway at the right side of the image.

Kittle Dry Goods Store

Interior photograph of the Kittle Dry Goods store in downtown Overland Park, Kansas, circa 1935. A man, likely owner O. H. Kittle, is pictured at the center of the image, and clothing, bolts of fabric, sewing patterns, and dishes are among the types of merchandise pictured. The building, originally known as the Conser Building, is located on the northwest corner of 80th and Foster Streets and was built by Grant Conser in 1911.

Kittle Dry Goods Store

Exterior photograph of the Kittle Dry Goods store in downtown Overland Park, Kansas, circa 1935. The two-story brick building has a painted sign advertising "dry goods, shoes, [and] furnishings" in the awning-shaded front window, above a display of dresses and home goods. Second-story windows feature signs that say "CARBAUGH" and "PHYSICIAN." The building, originally known as the Conser Building, is located on the northwest corner of 80th and Foster Streets and was built by Grant Conser in 1911.

Kirkwood Baseball Team

Photograph of three male baseball players in July 1941. The men, whose uniforms read "KIRKWOOD," were participants in the American Legion league all-star game at Goldman Stadium near 51st and Indiana.

Kansas City Country Club Polo Team

Photograph of members of the Kansas City Polo Team at the Kansas City Country Club circa 1935. The men are dressed in riding habits and holding polo sticks aloft, and are identified from left to right as Joe Kessinger, unknown, Herbert O. Peet, and Fred Harvey.

Kansas City and Olathe Electric Trolley

Photograph of two men posing outside a Kansas City and Olathe Electric Railway car in the 1910s. The single trolley car bears a "SHAWNEE" sign on the front, and "Shawnee" and "Kansas City & Olathe E. R." are painted on its side. Snow covers the ground, and houses are visible behind the car. One of the two uniformed men is identified as Tom Davis. The interurban rail line ran for 7 miles between Olathe and Kansas City from 1903 to 1934, and was also known as the Hocker's Grove or Hocker Line. 

Judge G. A. Roberds

Photograph of District Court Judge G. A. Roberds on the steps of the Johnson County Courthouse circa 1937. Roberds wears a dark three-piece suit and holds his hat and a package. A man and woman walk up the stairs behind him toward the courthouse door.

Johnson Drive & Nieman Road, Shawnee

Photograph of the intersection of Johnson Drive and Nieman Road in Shawnee, Kansas, circa 1920, looking west down Johnson Drive from its intersection with Nieman. Two men stand on a sidewalk in front of Shawnee's first bank, on the southwest corner of the intersection. 

Johnson County Treasurer's Office Staff

Photograph of the staff of the Johnson County treasurer's office in 1918. The eleven staff members, six men and five women, stand on the steps of a brick building in front of a wrought iron railing.