Johnson County Museum

Displaying 25 - 36 of 209

Strang Line Car Barn after Fire

Photograph of the Strang Line car barn after it was destroyed by fire in 1925. Two men are seen walking through the rubble, and a trolley car is visible in the background of the image between stone columns. 

Strang Line Car

Photograph of a Missouri and Kansas Interurban Railway, also known as the Strang Line, car circa 1920. Several men can be seen looking through the car's windows, and buildings can be seen in the background of the image.

Strang Line Car

Photograph of the front section of a Strang Line trolley car in the early 1900s. A man is seen walking alongside the car, while another stands inside it.

Strang Line Car

Photograph of a Strang Line trolley car passing in front of tall wooden fence at Aviation Park in the 1910s. The airfield and park was roughly located between 83rd Street on the north and 87th Street on the south, and and Lowell Avenue on the west and Riley Street on the east. 

Strang Line Car

Photograph of a trolley car traveling along the Strang Line interurban railway tracks in the early 1900s. A stone car barn and engine room are visible in the background. 

Strang Land Company Building

Photograph of a Strang Land Company building at 80th and Santa Fe Road in the early 1900s. A man stands at the front of the building. The Strang Land Company was formed by William Strang to subdivide and sell land near his interurban railway line in Johnson County, Kansas. The building was later destroyed by fire.

Stough House

Photograph of the home of Clara and Alfonso Stough, near 80th and Marty in Overland Park, circa 1940. The two-story home includes a stone porch, cedar shakes, and a porch swing. A swinging gate leads to the sidewalk. 

Stough House

Photograph of the home of Clara and Alfonso Stough, looking east from Overland Park Drive to its location near 80th and Marty in Overland Park, circa 1940. The two story house is surrounded by trees and a grass prairie stands to its east. 

Stilwell Train Depot

Photograph of Guy Fish and N. Myers posed with a milk wagon in front of the train depot in Stilwell, Kansas in the early 1900s. "STILWELL" is painted on the front of the building, and a sign advertising telegraph service hangs below. 

Stilwell High School Girls Basketball Team

Photograph of the 1925 Stillwell High School girls basketball team. Six young women in basketball uniforms and bobbed haircuts sit in the front row, with three young women in white blouses and scarves and a forth in a patterned dress in the back row. A young woman in the front row holds a basketball with "SRHS '25" written on it.

South Kansas Avenue

Photograph of South Kansas Avenue in Olathe, Kansas in the early 1900s. A Cities Service filling station is pictured on the right side of the image, and a Greer Super Service station is on the left side. Two houses stand in the middle. A handwritten note labels one as "Bert Gilbert house."

Sinclair Oil Company Station

Photograph of the Sinclair Oil Company station, the first gas station in Johnson County, at 75th and Metcalf, circa 1920. Ralph Jessup, dressed in coveralls and a cap, stands near a gas pump. A sign atop the service station reads "Jessup's Service Station" and "Sinclair Gasoline."