Photograph of the Hauser family farmhouse, located at 7100 Johnson Drive, in the early 1900s. Dr. Anton Hauser and his wife Theresa immigrated to the Kansas City area from Austria-Hungary in the 1880s, and later established an 80-acre farm at the northwest corner of 69 Highway and Johnson Drive. The house was demolished in October 1954.
Photograph of South Kansas Avenue in Olathe, Kansas in the early 1900s. A Cities Service filling station is pictured on the right side of the image, and a Greer Super Service station is on the left side. Two houses stand in the middle. A handwritten note labels one as "Bert Gilbert house."
Photograph of the Overland Park Grade School basketball team in 1922. Seven young men in athleticwear and their coach are pictured in front of a chalkboard. A basketball on the lap of a player in the front row reads "OPGS 1922-23."
Group photograph of the students and teachers at Wilder School circa 1918. The town of Wilder in northwest Johnson County, Kansas, was a diverse community of agricultural and railroad workers, including many Mexican immigrants.
Photograph of Guy Fish and N. Myers posed with a milk wagon in front of the train depot in Stilwell, Kansas in the early 1900s. "STILWELL" is painted on the front of the building, and a sign advertising telegraph service hangs below.
Photograph of Strang Line interurban railway conductor Leonidas "Lon" Cave, wearing his conductor's uniform, standing on the sidewalk in front of a line of houses near 79th and Santa Fe Drive circa 1910. Cave was later elected Johnson County sheriff.
Photograph of a one-story brick building and adjacent wood building in Aviation Park. The wood structure has "AVIATION PARK" painted across its front, and railroad tracks cross the foreground of the image. "Bldg where motion pictures were stored" is written on the back of the photograph. The airfield and park was roughly located between 83rd Street on the north and 87th Street on the south, and and Lowell Avenue on the west and Riley Street on the east.
Photograph of a large pavilion building standing in Overland Park, Kansas's Aviation Park. Built by William Strang in 1913, the building housed a dance floor, classroom space, and a stage for performances, and the exterior featured towers for spectators and a large veranda. The airfield and park was roughly located between 83rd Street on the north and 87th Street on the south, and and Lowell Avenue on the west and Riley Street on the east.