Photograph of the exterior of the Shawnee Indian Mission north building under major reconstruction, with the building's stone foundation visible, and brick walls partially deconstructed. A worker can be seen inside the foreground wall. The mission was established at this site in 1839, closed in 1862, and declared a National Historic Landmark in 1968.
Photograph of the exterior of the Shawnee Indian Mission north building under major reconstruction, with the building's stone foundation visible. The mission was established at this site in 1839, closed in 1862, and declared a National Historic Landmark in 1968.
Photograph of a man working on renovations at the north building, at the northeast corner of 53rd Street and Reinhardt Drive, at the Shawnee Indian Mission in 1940. The man, dressed in overalls and a hat, scrapes at a wood door with a putty knife, and is surrounded by lath walls.
Photograph of the Carnegie Public Library in Olathe, Kansas, circa 1920. The library was designed by architect J. D. Walters and opened in February 1914, and was demolished in the mid-1960s following the construction of a new library building.
Photograph of Shawnee Indian Mission buildings, looking north toward 53rd Street, circa 1920. The two-story, L-shaped brick building in foreground is the caretakers house, and the two-story brick North Building stands in the background, across 53rd Street.
Photograph of the John C. Mills house in Overland Park, Kansas, circa 1915. Two men stand near the porch of the two-story clapboard house. A neighboring stone house is visible in the background of the image.
Photograph of the west building on the Shawnee Indian Mission site in Fairway, Kansas, circa 1940. The two-story brick building is covered in ivy prior to restoration. The mission was established at this site in 1839, closed in 1862, and declared a National Historic Landmark in 1968.
Photograph of Central School in Olathe, Kansas circa 1920. The two-story brick building with bell tower opened in 1882, and was later replaced with new elementary school buildings on the same site on the southeast corner of Cedar and Water Streets.
Photograph of two uniformed Strang Line employees circa 1915. The Missouri and Kansas Interurban Railway, commonly known as the Strang Line, operated between Johnson County and Kansas City from 1906 to 1940.
Photograph of the Johnson County Courthouse in Olathe, Kansas, circa 1920. The two-story brick courthouse with central belltower was designed by architect George Washburn in 1891, and was demolished in 1952.
Photograph of Park Street in downtown Olathe Kansas, looking east, circa 1930. The image shows two- and three-story stone and brick buildings, cars parked at curbs, and streetcar rails leading down Park Street. A sign on the building at the front right of the image reads "First National Bank."