Catholic Diocese of Kansas City–St. Joseph

Displaying 25 - 36 of 111

Photograph of the Silver Jubilee for Monsignor James N. V. McKay, pastor of St. Peter's Church. This room in St. Peter's Church doubled as the parochial school's gym.

Photograph of the altar of St. Peter & Paul Church, once located at the southwest corner of 9th Street and McGee Street.

Photograph of members of Boy Scouts Troop 80. Pictured, front row: Bud Spaeth (left), Nick Thoennes (third from left), and Robert Reed (fourth from left). The picture was taken during Bishop Hogan's Knights of Columbus Council, a picnic at Fairyland Park on August 30, 1931. Boy Scouts Troop 80 assisted and provided a clown act.

Photograph of Sister Mary Alexis, Mother Superior of St. Agnes Convent for six years.

Photograph of several Holy Cross Catholic Church choir members and friends resting by the railroad en route to Jesse James Cave on the Missouri River bluff near Sugar Creek, Missouri. Boy Scout Troop 80 Scoutmaster Bruno Nicoli directed the hike in the afternoon after church that Sunday.

Photograph of the fourth grade class of 1930 at the Holy Cross School. This vantage point faces east towards the southwest entrance to the Holy Cross Catholic Church.

Photograph of the first St. Francis Xavier Church, constructed at the northwest corner of 53rd Street and Forest Avenue in 1910. The building was destroyed by a fire on September 19, 1925.

Photograph of the Blue River north of St. John Avenue. The picture was taken looking northeast towards the Missouri Pacific Railroad bridge during a hike to Jesse James Cave on the Missouri River bluff near Sugar Creek, Missouri.

1940's photograph of Columbus Park looking east with an unpaved Harrison Street between 3rd Street and 4th Street in the foreground and the intersection of Gillis Street and 4th Street in the center background. The four-story building to the right in the far background was located at 1050 East 5th Street.

Photograph of the altar of St. James Church, Kansas City, Missouri.

Photograph of members of Boy Scouts Troop 80. Pictured, back row: Jack Day, Joe O'Connor, Howard Whalen, Donald Dunn; front row: Bud Spaeth, Nick Thoennes, Robert Reed. The picture was taken during Bishop Hogan's Knights of Columbus Council, a picnic at Fairyland Park on August 30, 1931.

Photograph of several Holy Cross Catholic Church choir members and friends posed near the Jesse James Cave on the Missouri River bluff near Sugar Creek, Missouri. Boy Scout Troop 80 Scoutmaster Bruno Nicoli directed the hike in the afternoon after church that Sunday.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY