Fish, Guy

Displaying 1 - 12 of 13

Three Women in Zimmerman Park

Photograph of three women standing on a stony outcropping in Zimmerman Park circa 1930s. The area, owned by Adolph Zimmerman, was cultivated as a private park and was located northeast of Stilwell, Kansas. The property was purchased by the YMCA and operated as a camp from 1943 to 1998. 

Switchboard Operator

Photograph of a woman operating a telephone switchboard at the Stilwell, Kansas phone exchange circa 1930. Sitting at the switchboard, she wears a headset and is plugging a cable into a jack.

Supermarket Deli Counter

Photograph of grocery store deli counter with meats and cheese visible behind glass, and signs advertising prices for late June peas, baking chocolate, floor wax, and other products hanging above. 

Strang Line Conductor Lon Cave

Photograph of Strang Line interurban railway conductor Leonidas "Lon" Cave, wearing his conductor's uniform, standing on the sidewalk in front of a line of houses near 79th and Santa Fe Drive circa 1910. Cave was later elected Johnson County sheriff.

Stilwell Train Depot

Photograph of Guy Fish and N. Myers posed with a milk wagon in front of the train depot in Stilwell, Kansas in the early 1900s. "STILWELL" is painted on the front of the building, and a sign advertising telegraph service hangs below. 

Railroad Scene

Photograph of activity centered on railroad tracks, circa 1920s. A train is in operation at the background of the image, with tracks running to the foreground. Men stand on either side of the tracks, alongside large tanks on the left and train wheels on the right. 

Overland Park School

Photograph of the stone Overland Park School building, built in 1909, near the intersection of Robinson and Santa Fe in Overland Park. The grade school was constructed on land donated by William Strang, and was destroyed fire in January, 1920. 

Overland Park Movie Company Cameraman

Photograph of an unidentified Overland Park Movie Company cameraman with camera in Aviation Park. The short-lived film company was founded by developer William Strang in 1916.

Overland Park Movie Company Cameraman

Photograph of an unidentified Overland Park Movie Company cameraman with camera in Aviation Park. The short-lived film company was founded by developer William Strang in 1916.

Flatiron Building

Photograph of the Flatiron Building at 8024 Santa Fe Drive in Overland Park. The one-story building served as a commercial space, and in the late 1920s, became the home of the Overland Park Herald newspaper. A two-story house in the background of the image was occupied by Hoge Funeral Home at the time of the photograph. The Flatiron Building was later demolished for the construction of a new funeral home building.

Conser Building

Photograph of the Conser Building, on the northwest corner of 80th and Foster in downtown Overland Park, circa 1920. The two-story brick building was built by Grant Conser in 1911 and housed a general store on its lower level and a meeting hall on the upper floor.

Aviation Park Pavillion

Photograph of a large pavilion building standing in Overland Park, Kansas's Aviation Park. Built by William Strang in 1913, the building housed a dance floor, classroom space, and a stage for performances, and the exterior featured towers for spectators and a large veranda. The airfield and park was roughly located between 83rd Street on the north and 87th Street on the south, and and Lowell Avenue on the west and Riley Street on the east.