Anderson Photo Company

Displaying 157 - 168 of 206

Church of Our Redeemer Lutheran Church

Circa 1925 photograph of the Church of Our Redeemer Lutheran Church located at at the northeast corner of 8th Street and Benton Boulevard. Rev. H. Dierks is listed as the pastor and associated with the Missouri Synod. Addition visible behind the church building. This vantage point faces east-northeast from the Benton Boulevard just north of 8th Street.

Christmas Pageant

Sponsored by the Women's Community Council, this Christmas pageant was held at 4 PM on December 24, 1921 for all children and parents in the Country Club District. This vantage point faces south at the intersection of Westover Road, 54th Street, and Brookside Boulevard.

Children's Bureau Sponsored Examinations at the Humboldt School

Photograph of the members of the Children's Bureau providing preventive health examinations to pre-school children at the Humboldt School at the northeast corner of 11th Street and Holmes Street. The image is featured in the photograph section of the October 29, 1933 issue of the Kansas City Star.

Children at Westside Health Center

Photograph of five children and a dentist at the Westside Health Center, part of the Richard Cabot Club that "promotes a general health program for the West Side." The image is featured in the photograph section of the October 29, 1933 issue of the Kansas City Star.

Children at Gillis Orphans' Home

Photograph of children posed on a slide at the Gillis Orphans' Home at the southwest corner of 81st Street and Wornall Road. The image is featured in the photograph section of the October 29, 1933 issue of the Kansas City Star.

Charles Fillmore

Photograph of Charles Fillmore seated at a desk. Fillmore was co-founder with his wife Myrtle of the Unity School of Christianity.

Carpenters at Camp Bo-Ho-Ca

Photograph of carpenters posed during construction of a cabin at Camp Bo-Ho-Ca, located on the east side of Blue River Road near 121st Street. The camp, named for the first two letters in each word of "Boys Hotel Camp", was a boarding school to young orphaned boys ages 9-14 before joining older boys at the Boys Hotel at 1601 Admiral Boulevard in Kansas City, Missouri. The camp was later leased to the Boy Scouts of America.

Campfire Girls at Whatsoever Circle Community House

Photograph with slide description, "Campfire Girls working on uniforms at the Whatsoever Community House, K.C., Mo."

Cabins at Camp Bo-Ho-Ca

Photograph of cabins at Camp Bo-Ho-Ca, located on the east side of Blue River Road near 121st Street. The camp, named for the first two letters in each word of "Boys Hotel Camp", was a boarding school to young orphaned boys ages 9-14 before joining older boys at the Boys Hotel at 1601 Admiral Boulevard in Kansas City, Missouri. The camp was later leased to the Boy Scouts of America.

Butler Motor Company

Circa 1928 photograph with frontal and side view of Butler Motor Company; located on 26th Street between Walnut Street and Grand Avenue. Sign on building reads Dodge Brothers Motor Car. Other automobile signs down the street include Auburn, Hudson, Essex, Simons-Wiles, Buick, etc. This vantage point faces south at the intersection of Walnut Street, Grand Avenue, and 26th Street.

Broadway Methodist Episcopal Church

Circa 1925 photograph of Broadway Methodist Episcopal Church located at the northwest corner of 74th Street and Broadway Boulevard (now Wornall Road). Dr. Grant A. Robbins is listed as the pastor.

Boys with Adults near Camp Bo-Ho-Ca

Photograph of a group of boys accompanied by adults near Camp Bo-Ho-Ca, located on the east side of Blue River Road near 121st Street. The camp, named for the first two letters in each word of "Boys Hotel Camp", was a boarding school to young orphaned boys ages 9-14 before joining older boys at the Boys Hotel at 1601 Admiral Boulevard in Kansas City, Missouri. The camp was later leased to the Boy Scouts of America.