Photograph of children posed on a slide at the Gillis Orphans' Home at the southwest corner of 81st Street and Wornall Road. The image is featured in the photograph section of the October 29, 1933 issue of the Kansas City Star.
Photograph with caption, "in the Country Club grounds where the proposed roadway would enter Wornall Road by the lake at 5nd Street." This vantage point faces northeast near the center of present day Loose Park.
Promotional booklet for building family homes in 1920s luxury Kansas City suburban tract development now in the Santa Fe Hills neighborhood southeast of 85th St. and Wornall. It was to include rare amenities such as an open air theater, bell tower, pool, club house, and Dutch windmill. Built on property owned by Daniel Boone's son Nathan, and featuring the Boone school and home. Businessman developer Emory Sweeney founded an automobile school and WHB radio. Landscape architects Hare & Hare were to handle the project, and George Hamilton Stone was assigned as General Manager.
Photograph showing improvements to Brush Creek, Kansas City, Missouri, with the widened Wornall Road Bridge in the background, ca. 1930s. This vantage point faces east from the north side of Brush Creek.
Directors and sponsors of the 1933 Country Club District Community Field Day, held on Southwest High School campus. Shown are John L. Shouse, George D. Melcher, J. C. Nichols, Miles C. Thomas, Howard E. A. Jones, Albert H. Monsees, and H. Merle Smith. This vantage point faces southeast towards the Sixth Church of Christ Scientist at the corner of 66th Terrace and Wornall Road from near the Southwest High School football field.
Five women, the "Goddesses" observing annual Country Club District Community Field Day at Southwest High School at the southwest corner of 65th Street and Wornall Road. This vantage point faces east towards rear of the high school from near the center of the football field.
This picture was taken looking northwest just south of the intersection of 71st Street (now Gregory Boulevard) and Wornall Road. In November 1925, a shopping center known as Romanelli Shops was completed at the southwest corner of Wornall Road and 71st Street. These shops included R. L. Fish and Sons Grocers, Mason's Pharmacy, O. D. Stewart Barber Shop, Ambassador Cleaners, and a Piggly Wiggly Grocery Store.