Westport

Displaying 361 - 372 of 515

This picture was taken looking west-northwest on 55th Street between Brookside Boulevard and Oak Street. Large crowd of men, women, and children at Crestwood Shopping District on Easter 1935.

Older female participants in a fast foot race during the 1921 Country Club District Field Day on the grounds of the Pembroke-Country Day School. This vantage point faces south-southeast towards Brush Creek and Ward Parkway.

This picture of the Country Club Plaza Ward Parkway parking garage was taken looking west-northwest on Ward Parkway just west of Broadway Boulevard.

This picture of the Suydam Building was taken in the Country Club Plaza looking west-southwest on Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway) just north of 47th Street. The Suydam Building was later occupied by the House of Beauty and the Claude Keyes Drug Store.

Northern exterior of E. C. White School, first public school in the Country Club District, once located at the northwest corner of 49th and Main Streets. This vantage point faces southeast on a portion of Brookside Boulevard now renamed Ward Parkway, just west of Main Street.

Group of men and women celebrating at the 1936 Country Club Plaza Fiesta. Among those pictured are Ike Smith, manager of Park Lane Hotel; William. J. Crawford; Edward Tanner; Lucy Drage; Katherine Page; Mary McGavran; Charlotte Crane; and Hazel B. Clough.

Interior of the Spanish-inspired Country Club Plaza Theater. The theater is bounded by 47th Street and the Alameda Road (now Nichols Road), Wyandotte Street, and Central Street.

Main entrance into the J. C. Nichols Companies building. Iron grillwork originally on the main doors was removed because doors were too heavy to be pushed open easily. This vantage point faces north on Ward Parkway between Central Street and Broadway Boulevard.

Interior of the Piggly Wiggly Grocery Store located in the Country Club Plaza Triangle Building at 210 W. 47th Street, Kansas City, Missouri.

This picture of the Country Club Plaza Theater Building was taken from atop the Wolferman Building looking southwest, diagonal to the theater at 47th Street and Wyandotte Street.

Children racing on tricycles at first Country Club District Community Field Day in 1921 on the grounds of the Pembroke-Country Day School. Six schools and one kindergarten participated.

An early picture of the Mission Hills Country Club House, once located in Kansas City, Missouri. After the Mission Hills Country Club moved across the border to Kansas, the building pictured became part of the Carriage Club. This vantage point faces southeast on State Line Road just south of Brush Creek.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY