Westport

Displaying 349 - 360 of 515

This picture of the Country Club Plaza Theater Building was taken from atop the Wolferman Building looking southwest, diagonal to the theater at 47th Street and Wyandotte Street.

Six white columns stand erect in a park at Locust Street and Cherry Street, the structure patterned after the columns on the campus at the University of Missouri. This vantage point faces southeast at the intersection of Locust and Cherry, one block north of 54th Street.

John Walker, Eleanor Nichols, and her husband Earl W. Allen at the 1938 Country Club Plaza Fiesta.

This picture of the Crestwood Shops was taken looking east-southeast on 55th Street between Brookside Boulevard and Oak Street. A crowd of men, women, and children are waiting to see the Easter Bunny.

Construction of the Country Club Plaza Theater began on March 2, 1928. The site bounded by 47th Street and the Alameda Road (now Nichols Road), Wyandotte Street, and a new street to be put through on the west (Central Street). This vantage point faces northeast towards the intersection of 47th Street and Wyandotte Street.

This picture of a Country Club Plaza parking lot was taken looking south-southwest from atop the Country Club Plaza Theater at Alameda Road (now Nichols Road) and Wyandotte Street.

Stone archways were built at each of the entrances into the Crestwood area. This vantage point faces northeast at the intersection of Locust Street, 55th Street, and Oak Street.

Male mariachi band members with assorted female guests at the 1938 Country Club Plaza Fiesta.

Exterior view of the White Eagle Oil and Refining Company Filling Station at 46th Terrace and Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway). A black automobile and one driver are outside the filling station. This picture was taken looking northwest on Mill Creek Parkway just south of 46th Terrace.

Young boys line up for a foot race at the annual Country Club District Community Field Day on Friday, May 4, 1928 on the grounds of the Pembroke-Country Day School.

An aerial view of the Country Club Plaza in 1930, looking north from the top of the Wornall Road hill. The Walnut Apartments complex is in the foreground.

Exterior of the Sunset Hill School. The school possessed a stage, large auditorium, lunch room, and two primary class rooms. The building pictured is now part of the Pembroke Hill School. This vantage point faces west near the southwest corner of 50th Street and Wornall Road.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY