Westport

Displaying 337 - 348 of 515

This picture of the Suydam Building was taken in the Country Club Plaza looking west-southwest on Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway) just north of 47th Street. The Suydam Building was later occupied by the House of Beauty and the Claude Keyes Drug Store.

The Avon Shop opened October 1, 1924 at 108 W. 47th Street on the first floor of the Tower Building. This vantage point faces north on 47th Street just west of Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway).

This picture of the J. C. Nichols Companies Building was taken looking northeast on Ward Parkway just east of Broadway Boulevard.

This picture was taken looking northeast on the Ward Parkway just east of Pennsylvania Avenue.

This picture of Chandler's Flower Shop was taken looking southwest at the intersection of 47th Street and Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway).

This picture of the Suydam Building was taken in the Country Club Plaza looking north-northwest at the intersection of Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway) and 47th Street. The Suydam Building was later occupied by the House of Beauty and the Claude Keyes Drug Store. Gas station also pictured.

An aerial view of the Country Club Plaza in 1925, looking north-northwest near Brookside Boulevard and 51st Street.

Main entrance into the J. C. Nichols Companies building. Iron grillwork originally on the main doors was removed because doors were too heavy to be pushed open easily. This vantage point faces north on Ward Parkway between Central Street and Broadway Boulevard.

Exterior view of the many people attending the 4th Annual Country Club Plaza Artists' Fair at the southwest corner of Central Street and Alameda Road (now Nichols Road), held from September 7-12, 1935. This vantage point faces northeast towards this intersection from atop the J. C. Nichols Company Building.

An early J. C. Nichols Company sign located on Brookside Boulevard by Countryside Park. In the background is the "Rock House" located at 5230 Brookside Boulevard. This vantage point faces west on Brookside Boulevard between 52nd Street and 53rd Street.

Exterior of Colonial Shops at 51st Street between Brookside Boulevard and Oak Street, showing one automobile parked out front. This vantage point faces northeast at the intersection of Brookside Boulevard and 51st Street.

Nearly a dozen young children on scooters participating in 1923 Community Field Day on the grounds of the Pembroke-Country Day School. This vantage point faces south-southeast towards Brush Creek and Ward Parkway in the background.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY