Westport

Displaying 121 - 132 of 515

Photograph with interior view of Donnelly Garment Company Christmas party given by employees in honor of Nell Donnelly Reed's son, David, at the Linwood Christian Community Church at the southwest corner of Forest Avenue and Linwood Boulevard.

Photograph of Electric Park at night, once located at 46th Street and The Paseo. This vantage point faces southeast across Mirror Lake (also known as Pleasure Lake) and shows the two Electric Park Illumination Towers.

Circa 1930 photograph with full frontal view of City Ice Company of Kansas City, Plant No. 53, built in 1919. It was located on the west side of Oak Street between 48th Street and 49th Street. This property was situated just north of Brush Creek before the waterway was diverted to its current location.

Circa 1930 photograph with full frontal and side view of Western Ice Service Company, Plant No. 125; built in 1911 and located at the western corner of 42nd Street and Pennsylvania Avenue. This vantage point faces south-southwest from the east side of Pennsylvania Avenue between Archibald Avenue and 42nd Street.

Photograph with exterior view of Westport High School at 39th and McGee (Hyde Park Ave) and Oak Streets. This vantage point faces south-southwest from the hill overlooking Gillham Road just north of its intersection with 39th Street.

Photograph with exterior, street view of the Harris House located at the northeast corner of Westport Avenue (now Westport Road) and Pennsylvania Avenue. A truck and automobiles are visible in front. This vantage point faces north-northwest from the southeast corner of Westport Avenue and Pennsylvania Avenue.

Photograph of the First Presbyterian Church, once located at the southwest corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and 40th Street in Westport. The church was constructed in 1859, sold as a private residence in 1895, and razed before 1950. This vantage point faces east on 40th Street from just west of the intersection of 40th and Pennsylvania.

Photograph with exterior, street view of the Harris House located at the northeast corner of Westport Avenue (now Westport Road) and Pennsylvania Avenue. A truck and automobiles are visible in front. This vantage point faces north-from the southwest corner of Westport Avenue and Pennsylvania Avenue.

Photograph with full street level, exterior view of the First Presbyterian Church, once located at the southwest corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and 40th Street in Westport. The church was constructed in 1859, sold as a private residence in 1895, and razed before 1950.

Circa 1920 photograph with full, front view of the Harris (Kearney) House at its original location at Westport Avenue (now Westport Road) and Main Street. This vantage point faces southeast from Westport Avenue just east of Main Street. The house was moved to 40th Street and Baltimore Avenue in 1922.

Photograph of Westport Avenue (now Westport Road), looking east-northeast from the northwest corner of Westport Avenue and Broadway Boulevard.

Photograph of the First Presbyterian Church, once located at the southwest corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and 40th Street in Westport. The church was constructed in 1859, sold as a private residence in 1895, and razed before 1950.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY