Stratford Gardens

Displaying 13 - 24 of 39

An autochrome photograph of Charles S. Keith's residence, taken from the northwest. Keith was head of the Central Coke and Coal Company and mayor of Kansas City, Missouri in 1940.

An autochrome photograph of Michael J. Healey's residence, taken from the south. Healey was vice-president and general manager of John Deere Plow Company.

An autochrome photograph of Lester T. Sunderlands's garden and residence, taken from the northeast and showing the rear of the house. Sunderland was Chairman of the Ash Grove Lime & Portland Cement Company.

An autochrome photograph of Hunter L. Gary's residence, taken from the southwest. Gary was president of the Theodore Gary and Co. (investments).

An autochrome photograph of Fred Wolferman's residence, taken from the southeast. Wolferman was founder of Wolferman's Grocery Stores.

An autochrome photograph of an interior patio with movable skylight in the residence of Mack B. Nelson. The painting "Italian Woman at the Fountain" by William-Adolphe Bouguereau is visible on the left. Nelson was president of the Long-Bell Lumber Company.

An autochrome photograph of "Gesneriana" tulips, a pool, and a pergola in the garden of Minnie Long Sloan.

An autochrome photograph of N. W. Dible's residence, taken looking south-southeast on 56th Street between Ward Parkway and Grassmere Lane. Napoleon Dible built and sold thousands of homes south of the Plaza.

An autochrome photograph of Frank Lauder standing next to a Japanese cherry tree on the property of James E. Chandler, President of Meriden Creamery Company.

An autochrome photograph of Harry E. Clark's garden and office building at 6140 Ward Parkway. Clark was a Kansas City lawyer.

An autochrome photograph of Mack B. Nelson's house, taken from the northeast. Nelson was president of the Long-Bell Lumber Company.

An autochrome photograph of hyacinths by the driveway of M. B. Nelson, taken in the evening and looking south-southeast. Nelson was president of the Long-Bell Lumber Company.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY