River Market

Displaying 85 - 88 of 88

1924 Map of Missouri River at Kansas City

Map of a stretch of the Missouri River from Quindaro Bend and the Fairfax Drainage District to the East Bottoms Bend. Shows all principal topographic features for a minimum distance of 2000 feet inland, indicating levees, jetties, creeks, and railroad lines. Goose Island, the Kansas River, Kaw Point, Kansas City, Kansas, Harlem, North Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri, are in evidence. Title of the map is described as "Missouri River, mouth to Kansas City (Mile 385.0 to Mile 397.8), revision from airplane photographs July 15, Aug. 21, 1924."

1918 Precinct Map, 5th Ward

Map showing the boundaries of precincts as defined in 1918 for the fifth ward of Kansas City, Missouri. This ward is bounded by the Missouri River to the north, Grand Avenue (now Grand Boulevard) to the west, 9th Street to the south, and Lydia Avenue to the east.

1918 Precinct Map, 1st Ward

Map showing the boundaries of precincts as defined in 1918 for the first ward of Kansas City, Missouri. This ward is bounded by the Missouri River to the north, Kansas to the west, 14th Street to the south, and Grand Avenue (now Grand Boulevard) to the east.

"Among the Democrats at Today's County Convention"

Clipping from the Kansas City Star on March 18, 1932 showing James P. Aylward, Casimir J. Welch, James M. Pendergast, William E. Sullivan (left to right, top) as well as Michael Ross (bottom). They are shown attending the Jackson County Convention at the Jackson County Courthouse once located between 5th Street and Missouri Avenue and Oak and Locust streets.