Photograph of businesses at the southwest corner of Grand Avenue (presently Grand Boulevard) and 3rd Street.
Circa 1915 photograph with view of Fifth Street looking east towards its intersection at Central Street (left). Also pictured is the Fifth Avenue Hotel at 305-307 W. Fifth Street. Was earlier known as the Delmonico Hotel.
Photograph of the old City Market facilities on the west side of Walnut Street between 4th Street and 5th Street. This vantage point faces north from 5th Street between Main and Walnut and includes a partial view of a small truck backed up to the market.
Photograph of Grand Central Depot located at the southwest corner of 2nd and Wyandotte in Kansas City, Missouri. Sign on building reads "Friedman Bros. Wholesale Groceries". This vantage point faces north-northwest from the northeast corner of 3rd Street and Wyandotte Street.
Circa 1915 photograph with view of 5th Street looking east-northeast toward its intersection with Grand Avenue (now Grand Boulevard) in the right background. Also pictured is Centropolis Hotel (center) and American Steel and Wire Company (right).
Photograph of the Metropolitan Hotel located at 5th Street and May Street, southeast corner. Also known as The City hotel according to the scrapbook newspaper clipping.
Clipping from the Kansas City Star on March 18, 1932 showing James P. Aylward, Casimir J. Welch, James M. Pendergast, William E. Sullivan (left to right, top) as well as Michael Ross (bottom).
Issue of The North Side Advocate containing many reproductions of letters from various Kansas City business leaders subscribing five dollar per month for the revitalization of the Northside (current City Market and Columbus Park areas). In the form letter sent to these business leaders, M. R.
Photograph of one Fokker F.32 airplane (left) and three Ford Tri-Motor airplanes (right) displayed for a large crowd of several thousand at Municipal Airport, April 4, 1930. This F.32, NC334N, was one of two owned by Western Air Express, and shows "Fox Flying House Party, Western Air Express, New York to Hollywood" on the fuselage.
Booklet describing the history, purpose, and operation of The Helping Hand Institute of Kansas City, Missouri. The document details the necessity for prosperous citizens to donate to the organization so that they may help the homeless find employment. Also included are pictures of the organization's facilities and beneficiaries.
Map showing the boundaries of precincts as defined in 1918 for the first ward of Kansas City, Missouri. This ward is bounded by the Missouri River to the north, Kansas to the west, 14th Street to the south, and Grand Avenue (now Grand Boulevard) to the east.
Map showing the boundaries of precincts as defined in 1918 for the fifth ward of Kansas City, Missouri. This ward is bounded by the Missouri River to the north, Grand Avenue (now Grand Boulevard) to the west, 9th Street to the south, and Lydia Avenue to the east.