Photograph of a house at 5614 Newton Street in Mission, Kansas, circa 1940. The house, built by A. B. Dillie, features a sloped gabled roof, small dormer windows, and an arched entryway. The entry is flanked by larger evergreens.
Photograph of a house at 5821 W. 61st Terrace in Mission, Kansas, circa 1941. The house has a one-car garage, screened porch, and gravel driveway, and was built in 1941.
Photograph of a two-story house at 5704 W. 61st Terrace in Mission, Kansas, circa 1940. The house has a one-car garage, bay window, and screened porch, and was built in 1939.
Photograph of a road under construction in the Countryside area, later Mission, Kansas, circa 1940. The road, likely Shawnee Mission Parkway, is surrounded by trees and bare soil, and has two metal trash cans standing next to paved areas. The road rises up an include to the left toward the background of the image.
Photograph of Countryside Christian Church in Countryside, later Mission, Kansas, circa 1942. The church building is pictured surrounded by trees, looking east from across Nall Avenue. The building was dedicated on April 12, 1942, and was destroyed by fire in 1944. It was rebuilt in 1945.
Photograph of the back and backyard of house at 5528 Glenwood Street in Mission, Kansas, in 1941. The house, owned by Marvin Nye, has a bird bath and Adirondack chairs in the back yard of the one-story wood-sided house. Mrs. Nye can be seen kneeling on the ground next to the family dog.
Photograph of the dedication of a DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution) marker commemorating the location of the Baptist Mission to the Shawnee Indians in 1929. The site, called Mission Ridge, is located near 55th and Walmer in what was later Mission, Kansas. The location was also the site of the first printing press in Kansas in 1833.
Photograph of the Philip Reinhardt house at 5637 Cherokee Circle on a snowy winter day circa 1930. The two-story Victorian wood house features a wrap-around front porch was built by Reinhardt, who immigrated to the United States from Germany circa 1850. The original address of the home was 5637 Mission Road.
Photograph of greenhouses owned by C. T. Reinhardt & Son in the middle of a snowy field near 57th Street and Mission Road, circa 1930.
Exterior photograph of the Hickory Grove School, at 5900 Johnson Drive. The two story stone building opened in 1926, and was destroyed by fire in 1949.
Photograph of the Hauser family farmhouse, located at 7100 Johnson Drive, in the early 1900s. Dr. Anton Hauser and his wife Theresa immigrated to the Kansas City area from Austria-Hungary in the 1880s, and later established an 80-acre farm at the northwest corner of 69 Highway and Johnson Drive. The house was demolished in October 1954.