J. C. Nichols inspires his sales force at one of his company's morning meetings.
J. C. Nichols Company
An early J. C. Nichols Company sign located on Brookside Boulevard by Countryside Park. In the background is the "Rock House" located at 5230 Brookside Boulevard. This vantage point faces west on Brookside Boulevard between 52nd Street and 53rd Street.
First floor lobby of the J. C. Nichols Companies building at 310 Ward Parkway, Kansas City, Missouri.
Halloween decorations on the Plaza, showing the shack of the Plaza Witch who would read your future for free. This picture was taken looking south at the southwest corner of Alameda Road and Central Street. This shack was located at the future site of the Plaza Medical Building. The J. C. Nichols Company Building is shown in the background.
Stairway to the second floor, showing the illustrated map of the Country Club District on the west wall of the J. C. Nichols Companies building, 310 Ward Parkway, Kansas City, Missouri.
Edward Tanner, the J. C. Nichols Company architect who designed much of the Country Club Plaza, as he appeared in 1939.
This picture of the J. C. Nichols Company building was taken looking northeast on the north side of Ward Parkway just west of Central Street.
Most any morning about 8:30 found Mr. J. C. Nichols entering the office at 310 Ward Parkway. Iron grillwork originally on the main doors was removed because doors were too heavy to be pushed open easily. This vantage point faces north on Ward Parkway between Central Street and Broadway Boulevard.
An autochrome photograph of the J. C. Nichols Company office building, taken from the southeast.