Holmes Street

Displaying 1 - 12 of 15

Photograph with caption, "Standing in front of the bath house of Karnes School are 135 boys in their first communion class in 1919. Most of the boys attended Karnes." The school was located south of Pacific Street between Missouri Avenue and Independence Avenue and between Holmes Street and Charlotte Street.

Photograph of the members of the Children's Bureau providing preventive health examinations to pre-school children at the Humboldt School at the northeast corner of 11th Street and Holmes Street. The image is featured in the photograph section of the October 29, 1933 issue of the Kansas City Star.

Photograph looking east along the south side of 13th from the east side of Holmes. St. Mary's Episcopal Church is pictured to the right.

Photograph looking west from the northwest corner of Charlotte Street and 12th Street. The Marquette Hotel and Jackson County Courthouse is pictured in the background.

Postcard of the Research Hospital, located at the southwest corner of 23rd Street and Holmes Street in Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces southeast from the intersection of 23rd Street and McCoy Avenue (now Kenwood Avenue). The back of the postcard includes a short letter to from Frances E. Farrell to Mrs.

Postcard of the New German (Research) Hospital, located at the southwest corner of 23rd Street and Holmes Street in Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces southwest from just east of the intersection of 23rd Street and Holmes Street.

Circa 1940 photograph of the rectory for St. Peter's Church. This vantage point faces east on Holmes Road between Meyer Boulevard and 64th Terrace.

Mid-1920's photograph of St. Peter's Church (left) and Rectory (right) on the south side of Meyer Boulevard between Holmes Street and Charlotte Street. This original corrugated iron church building was known by the congregation as the "Tin Cathedral".

Photograph of the first confirmation in 1927 in front of the original rectory of St. Peter's, Kansas City, Missouri. Bishop Thomas F. Lillis is present and pictured. This vantage point faces east towards the old rectory at the southeast corner of Holmes Street and Meyer Boulevard.

Program for "Peaceful Valley", a play in three acts by Edward E. Kidder and presented by the Dramatic Club of Holy Cross Parish at the Auditorium Theatre on November 24, 1920. Notable political figures paying compliments include James M. Pendergast and Thomas J. Pendergast.

Library and Administration buildings at the University of Kansas City, later University of Missouri-Kansas City. This vantage point faces northwest towards Newcomb Hall (left) and Scofield Hall (right).

An autochrome photograph of a pool, taken from the south on the grounds of the University of Kansas City (now University of Missouri - Kansas City).

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY