Grand Avenue

Displaying 37 - 48 of 196

Photograph with view of the downtown skyline from just north of the Missouri River.

Photograph with frontal view of building at the southwest corner of Grand Avenue (presently Grand Boulevard) and 11th Street. The Emery, Bird, Thayer Building (right) and Lathrop Building (left) are also visible. Corner of roof and sign of Browning, King and Co. shows in foreground.

Photograph of the City National Bank located at the southeast corner of 18th Street and Grand Avenue (presently Grand Boulevard). Electric lines for streetcars can be seen over the streets.

Photograph of City Bank, once located before 1927 at the southeast corner of 18th Street and Grand Avenue (presently Grand Boulevard).

Photograph with caption, "proposed new trafficway looking east on 48th Street from Country Club Car Line."

Photograph with caption, "looking north from Park Land at 48th Street and Country Club Car Line, showing approach of proposed trafficway to widened east 48th Street." Park Lane Hotel, St. Luke's Hospital, and Ponce De Leon Hotel, and three unidentified children are pictured.

Circa 1930 photograph with an aerial view of downtown Kansas City looking northwest, taken over near 15th Street and Grand Avenue. Shows Missouri River, Municipal Airport, 2nd Hannibal Bridge, and ASB Bridge.

Photograph of the Rutherford Chile Con Carnie Co. Building, once located at the northeast corner of Grand Avenue (presently Grand Boulevard) and 3rd Street.

Circa 1940 photograph with aerial view looking down onto the City Market and the neighborhood directly to the northeast.

Circa 1940 photograph with aerial view looking down onto the City Market and the neighborhood directly to the northeast, including the ASB Bridge.

Postcard of the Coca-Cola Building, designed by Arthur Tufts and located at the southeast corner of 21st Street (defunct on this block) and Grand Avenue (presently Grand Boulevard). The Western Auto Supply company became tenants of the building in 1928 and purchased it in 1951.

Photograph of the W. F. Baker Poultry and Eggs Building, once located at the southwest corner of Grand Avenue (presently Grand Boulevard) and 4th Street.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY