Photograph with view of Quindaro ruins located in Kansas City, Kansas. Missouri River is visible in the background. Town of Quindaro was built in 1857. This vantage point faces north and shows the Missouri River in the background.
Elizabeth Benton Chapter, DAR
Photograph with view of Quindaro ruins, Kansas City, Kansas, showing portions of remaining stone wall.
Circa 1920 photograph with full view of Watts Mill including view of Indian Creek and rock ledge, Dallas, Missouri. This vantage point faces north from the southeast bank of Indian Creek.
Circa 1920 photograph with partial view of Watts Mill including view of Indian Creek in Dallas, Missouri. This vantage point faces northwest from the southeast bank of Indian Creek.
Circa 1920 photograph with frontal view of the first Saint Francis Seraph Catholic Church (right) and the parochial school (left). It was located at the northeast corner of Martin Avenue and Wyman Avenue (currently Agnes Avenue) in the East Bottoms. This building was replaced in 1923 for a newer structure with a Lombardy Romanesque style.
Circa 1920 photograph of St. Peter and St. Paul Catholic Church located at the southwest corner of 9th and McGee streets in Kansas City, Missouri. Street light in view. This vantage point faces northwest from the east side of McGee Street between 9th and 10th Street.
Photograph of the First Presbyterian Church, once located at the southwest corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and 40th Street in Westport. The church was constructed in 1859, sold as a private residence in 1895, and razed before 1950.
Photograph of the Metropolitan Hotel located at 5th Street and May Street, southeast corner. Also known as The City hotel according to the scrapbook newspaper clipping.
Circa 1915 photograph with view of Fifth Street looking east towards its intersection at Central Street (left). Also pictured is the Fifth Avenue Hotel at 305-307 W. Fifth Street. Was earlier known as the Delmonico Hotel.
Photograph of the old City Market facilities on the west side of Walnut Street between 4th Street and 5th Street. This vantage point faces north from 5th Street between Main and Walnut and includes a partial view of a small truck backed up to the market.
Photograph with full, front view of the first Jackson County courthouse located in Independence, Missouri. It is the oldest courthouse west of the Mississippi River.