Downtown KCMO

Displaying 61 - 72 of 591

Circa 1928 photograph with full frontal view of the Merry Building; located at 1009-11 Walnut Street. Businesses noted in the building include: Merry Optical Company, Nisley's Shoes, Cady & Olmstead Jewelry, and Hoefer Jewelry Company.

Circa 1928 photograph with full frontal view of the Kansas City School of Law.

Circa 1928 photograph with frontal and side view of the Lathrop Building, once located on the southeast corner of 10th Street and Grand Avenue.

Circa 1928 photograph with frontal and side view of the Mutual Building; located on the southeast corner of 13th and Oak streets. Mutual Bank is located in the building.

Photograph with frontal and side view of the R. A. Long Building, located on the northwest corner of 10th Street and Grand Avenue.

Circa 1928 photograph with frontal and side view identified on the photograph as the National Fidelity Life Insurance Building, also known as the Continental Building. It was located at the southwest corner of 10th Street and Walnut Street.

Circa 1928 photograph with frontal and side view of Burnap-Meyer, Incorporated, a printing company; located at 1021 McGee Street. This vantage point faces east-northeast across McGee Street.

Circa 1928 photograph with full frontal and side view of the New England Building; located on the northeast corner of 9th and Wyandotte streets.

Photograph with a rear view of an unmarked police car damaged by bullet holes. The scene is part of investigation that took place after an attempted robbery at the Mercantile Trust Company on February 8, 1932.

Photograph looking north along the east side of Broadway Boulevard at 12th Street. The New Broadway Hotel and Hotel Brunswick are pictured to the left.

Photograph looking north along the west side of Oak Street from the south side of 9th Street. The Delico Café and Oakley Hotel is pictured.

Photograph looking east along the north side of 12th Street between Holmes Street and Charlotte Street at night. The Hotel Troy is pictured in the background.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY