Photograph with interior view of Monsignor Keye's benefit party for orphan children, held in the Little Theater at Municipal Auditorium.
Circa 1925 photograph of a streetcar at the intersection of 15th Street (presently Truman Road) and Main Street. This vantage point faces west from the south side of 15th Street, just east of its intersection with Main Street.
Small book containing prints of Kansas City attractions, including the outside and grand lobby of Union Station, Grand Avenue looking south from 8th Street, Petticoat Lane looking east, the lake and speedway in Penn Valley Park, Armour Boulevard, the entrance and shelter house of Swope Park, Gladstone Boulevard with view of R. A.
Postcard of the Glennon Hotel at the northwest corner of 12th Street and Baltimore Avenue. The hotel operated from 1920 to 1930 when it was razed and replaced by the Phillips Hotel. Harry S. Truman and Edward Jacobson operated their haberdashery, Truman & Jacobson, Inc., out of one of the ground floor units of the Glennon Hotel.
Postcard of the American Legion Fountain that was once at 9th and Main streets, later relocated to the Budd Park Esplanade at Van Brunt Boulevard and Anderson Avenue. This vantage point faces north and shows Main Street north of 9th Street. Also pictured is the Westgate Hotel to the left.
Postcard of traffic on Walnut Street looking north from just north 10th Street. The Commerce Building is picture to the far left.
Postcard view of the skyline of downtown Kansas City, looking north from 17th Street and showing Main Street (left, center). Pictured from building signs are the Jones Store; Duff & Repp; Vincent Hair, Dolls & Wigs; Hotel Main, and Warren D. House Patents, Models, Dies, Machine Shop.
Postcard looking east past the intersection of 12th Street and Wyandotte Street. Pictured is the Hotel Stats (left foreground), Hotel Muehlebach (right), and the Gayety Theater (right foreground).
Postcard of the Music Hall in Municipal Auditorium.
Postcard of the main arena in Municipal Auditorium. The back of the card reads, "The main arena, largest unit of the auditorium, is best described as a gigantic oval stadium seating 15,000 persons, with a domed ceiling suspended 96 feet above the floor. Dimensions of the room are 301 by 291 feet....and the oval floor is 130 by 220 feet.
Postcard of Main Street Theater, built in 1921 at the southwest corner of 14th Street and Main Street. It was used for vaudeville and cinema and had a seating capacity of 3,000. A tunnel from the theater leading northwest to Hotel President was used by bootleggers fleeing law enforcement during Prohibition.
Postcard of the cattle breeder's building of the American Hereford Association, located at the northwest corner of Central Street and 11th Street and occupied by the association from 1919 to 1953.