Campbell Street

Displaying 13 - 24 of 31

Holy Rosary Catholic Church and School

1940's photograph of the Holy Rosary Church (left) and the parochial school (right). This vantage point faces southeast from the northwest corner of Campbell Street and Missouri Avenue.

Holy Rosary Catholic Church

1940's photograph of the Holy Rosary parish with the parochial school to the right and St. John Bosco Center to the far right. This vantage point faces east on Missouri Avenue between Campbell Street and Charlotte Street.

Gallatin Flats

Photograph of the Gallatin Flats, once located at the northwest corner of Campbell Street and 8th Street.

From Holy Rosary Church to Edwin V. O'Hara

Letter from the priests of the Holy Rosary Church to Edwin V. O'Hara, Bishop of Kansas City. The priests express concern that affixing boundary lines to Kansas City parishes would be a detriment to the future of the Holy Rosary Church in Columbus Park. They explain that many Italian families living outside of the neighborhood far prefer Holy Rosary as this parish provides spiritual welfare for those most comfortable speaking Italian.

Delivery Trucks, City Ice Company

Circa 1932 photograph showing a fleet of City Ice Company of Kansas City delivery trucks parked at Plant No. 1; located at 21st and Campbell streets. Identifying information says: "Walker Electrics. The Company owns Walker trucks in 12, 20 and 36-cake sizes. These are used on routes."

Construction of St. John Bosco Center

Photograph of Columbus Park community volunteers constructing the St. John Bosco Center, Roman Catholic community hall. The land for the center was donated by Rosa Nigro, Kansas City's first woman pharmacist. This vantage point was taken facing east-northeast with the Holy Rosary Catholic Church in the background.

Construction of St. John Bosco Center

Photograph of Columbus Park community volunteers constructing the St. John Bosco Center, Roman Catholic community hall. The land for the center was donated by Rosa Nigro, Kansas City's first woman pharmacist. This vantage point was taken facing east-northeast with the Holy Rosary Catholic Church (left) and Holy Rosary School (right).

Columbus Park from Charlotte Street and Pacific Street

Photograph of Columbus Park looking northeast from atop the Karnes Public School at the southwest corner of Charlotte Street and Pacific Street. Pictured are the St. John Bosco Center (center background) and Holy Rosary Church (right background) with the parochial school to the right.

City Ice Company, Plant No. 1

Circa 1930 photograph with frontal and side view of City Ice Company of Kansas City, Plant No. 1; located at northeast corner of 21st Street and Campbell Street. The building was erected in 1908 as a steam plant and was remodeled in 1927. This vantage point faces northeast from the southwest corner of 21st and Campbell.

City Ice Company Delivery Trucks

Circa 1930 photograph with frontal and side view of City Ice Company of Kansas City, Plant No. 1; located at northeast corner of 21st Street and Campbell Street. The building was erected in 1908 as a steam plant and was remodeled in 1927. This vantage point faces northeast from the southeast corner of 21st and Campbell with coal delivery trucks outside Garage No. One. The trucks are identified as part of the Fuel Service Deptartment.

Children at Swope Settlement

Photograph of children after naptime at a nursery at Swope Settlement. The image is featured on page 7 of the October 29, 1935 issue of the Kansas City Star.

Boys at Swope Settlement

Photograph of boys working in a carpenter shop at Swope Settlement.