54th Street

Displaying 1 - 6 of 6

South Side Baptist Church

Photograph of South Side Baptist Church, once located at the southwest corner of 54th Street and Montgall Avenue.

Little Sisters of the Poor

Photograph of the Little Sisters of the Poor building, once located on the west side of Highland Avenue between 53rd Street and 54th Street. This vantage point faces northeast from the northwest corner of Highland and 54th.

Christmas Pageant

Sponsored by the Women's Community Council, this Christmas pageant was held at 4 PM on December 24, 1921 for all children and parents in the Country Club District. This vantage point faces south at the intersection of Westover Road, 54th Street, and Brookside Boulevard.

Carter Home on 54th Street

Carter home on the south side of 54th Street, between Belinder Road (now Belinder Avenue) and Porter Road (now Mission Road). 54th Street in Kansas once ran directly east from the present intersection of Shawnee Mission Parkway and State Park Road. Although once part of Mission, Kansas, this area was developed by J. C. Nichols and incorporated as Fairway, Kansas.

Carter Barn and Dairy Shed

Carter home on the south side of 54th Street, between Belinder Road (now Belinder Avenue) and Porter Road (now Mission Road). 54th Street in Kansas once ran directly east from the present intersection of Shawnee Mission Parkway and State Park Road. Although once part of Mission, Kansas, this area was developed by J. C. Nichols and incorporated as Fairway, Kansas.

Brookside Hotel

Postcard of the Brookside Hotel, built in 1918 at the southwest corner of 54th Street and Oak Street. This vantage point faces southeast from just east of the intersection of 54th Street and Brookside Boulevard. The Second Presbyterian Church is pictured to the right.