4th Street

Displaying 1 - 12 of 24

W. F. Baker Poultry and Eggs Building

Photograph of the W. F. Baker Poultry and Eggs Building, once located at the southwest corner of Grand Avenue (presently Grand Boulevard) and 4th Street.

Southeast Corner of 4th and Walnut

Photograph looking east toward businesses at the southeast corner of Walnut Street and 4th Street. Pictured establishments include Defeo Fruit Co., L. Yukon & Sons Produce Co., Inc., and William F. Helm & Son.

Southeast Corner of 4th and Walnut

Photograph of businesses at the southeast corner of Walnut Street and 4th Street. Pictured establishments include Defeo Fruit Co., L. Yukon & Sons Produce Co., Inc., and William F. Helm & Son.

Old City Market

Photograph of the old City Market facilities on the west side of Walnut Street between 4th Street and 5th Street. This vantage point faces north from 5th Street between Main and Walnut and includes a partial view of a small truck backed up to the market.

Northeast Corner of 4th and Walnut

Photograph of businesses at the northeast corner of Walnut Street and 4th Street. Pictured establishments include Walnut Buffet and New Market Cafe.

Northeast Corner of 4th and Walnut

Photograph of businesses at the northeast corner of Walnut Street and 4th Street. Pictured establishments include Walnut Buffet and New Market Cafe.

Municipal Market and City Hall

Old municipal market and city hall in the process of being torn down for a new municipal market. This vantage point faces northwest from the intersection of 5th Street and Walnut Street.

Inaugural Address of Hon. Bryce B. Smith

Inaugural address of Bryce B. Smith, mayor of Kansas City, Missouri delivered on April 10, 1930 in the Council Chamber of City Hall. Smith addresses the current challenges of corruption and how his administration will regain the trust of the public through his political agenda. Smith encourages a community-wide effort through cooperation among public officials to best serve the public.

Harmony Lunch Restaurant

Photograph of the Harmony Lunch Restaurant, once located at the northwest corner of Grand Avenue (presently Grand Boulevard) and 4th Street. Also pictured is an advertisement for Muehlebach Pilsner Beer.

Columbus Park Looking West-Northwest at 4th Street Between Gillis and Harrison

1940's photograph of Columbus Park looking west-northwest with an unpaved 4th Street between Gillis Street and Harrison Street in the foreground and the intersection of 4th and Harrison in the left background. Houses along 3rd Street and Harrison are also shown in the background.

Columbus Park Looking East at Harrison Street Between 3rd and 4th Street

1940's photograph of Columbus Park looking east with an unpaved Harrison Street between 3rd Street and 4th Street in the foreground and the intersection of Gillis Street and 4th Street in the center background. The four-story building to the right in the far background was located at 1050 East 5th Street.

City Market and Riverfront

Circa 1940 photograph with aerial view looking down onto the City Market and the neighborhood directly to the northeast, including the ASB Bridge.