First Presbyterian Church in Wesport

39.05498, -94.59342

Download All
10011678-001.jpg 2.41 MB
Description

Photograph of the First Presbyterian Church, once located at the southwest corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and 40th Street in Westport. The church was constructed in 1859, sold as a private residence in 1895, and razed before 1950. This vantage point faces east on 40th Street from just west of the intersection of 40th and Pennsylvania. Thomas Hart Benton briefly had an art studio in the building in January-February 1912.

Genre
Subject
Modern Location
4000 Pennsylvania Avenue
Kansas City, MO
Neighborhood
Collection Title, Call or Box Number
DAR, Elizabeth Benton Chapter Scrapbook, SC30-8A, Box 4, Folder 7, #48
Rights Statement

Images and texts may be reproduced without prior permission only for purposes of temporary use, private study, scholarship, or research. Those using these images and texts assume all responsibility for questions of copyright and privacy that may arise.

Digital Object Identifier
10011678