Shawnee Indian Mission Renovation - North Building

Download All
JCM1987-0-226.jpg 468.3 KB
Description

Photograph of the exterior of the Shawnee Indian Mission north building under major reconstruction, with the building's stone foundation visible, and brick walls partially deconstructed. A worker can be seen inside the foreground wall. The mission was established at this site in 1839, closed in 1862, and declared a National Historic Landmark in 1968.

Genre
Date Created
1940
Modern Location
Fairway, KS
Neighborhood
Building Name
Owning Organization
Digital Object Identifier
JCM1987-0-226