Kansas City Tuberculosis Hospital No. 2
Photograph of the interior and exterior of the Kansas City Tuberculosis Hospital No. 2, built in 1928 as an annex to the Tuberculosis Hospital built in 1914. Captioned: "Kansas City Tuberculosis Hospital No. 2 is situated in the country, outside of the city limits, on high spot to the west of U. S. highway No. 40. It is a new building, constructed in accordance with the latest ideas on the treatment of tuberculosis, and has the most modern equipment. It is a free hospital, giving treatment until patient is discharged with disease arrested. It was located to the southwest of the current intersection of Eastern Avenue and Raytown Road, between Round Grove Creek and Interstate Highway 435.