General Hospital #2
Photograph of General Hospital #2, a hospital for African-Americans once located just north of the intersection of 22nd Street and McCoy Avenue (now Kenwood Avenue). This vantage point faces west towards the two main wings of the hospital. Captioned: "Old City Hospital, as the above building is best known, has been General Hospital No. 2, for the care of Negroes, since 1908. Previous to the building of General Hospital No. 1, it was the city's one hospital. In 1914 its personnel became Negro and it has continued to be operated by race professional men and nurses. The north wing of the building is to be cut off from the remainder by a brick wall, and will be the isolation hospital for Negroes, replacing the frame structure used hitherto."