Saint Francis Seraph Catholic Church (First)

Description: 

Circa 1920 photograph with frontal view of the first Saint Francis Seraph Catholic Church (right) and the parochial school (left). It was located at the northeast corner of Martin Avenue and Wyman Avenue (currently Agnes Avenue) in the East Bottoms. This building was replaced in 1923 for a newer structure with a Lombardy Romanesque style.

Genre: 
Modern Location: 
801 North Agnes Avenue
Kansas City, MO
Neighborhood: 
Historical Street Name: 
Rights Statement: 
Images and texts may be reproduced without prior permission only for purposes of temporary use, private study, scholarship, or research. Those using these images and texts assume all responsibility for questions of copyright and privacy that may arise.
Collection Title, Call or Box Number: 
DAR, Elizabeth Benton Chapter Scrapbook, SC30-8A, Box 4, Folder 7, #44
Digital Object Identifier: 
10011674
KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY
Civil War on the Western Border: The Missouri-Kansas Conflict,1855-1865.
The Pendergast Years, Kansas City in the Jazz Age & Great Depression.
KC History, Missouri Valley Special Collections at the Kansas City Public Library.