Postcard of the Country Club District, showing Brookside Boulevard. This vantage point faces north on the west side of Brookside Boulevard, just south of 54th Street. The description on the back of the postcard reads, "An interesting view in the country club district, one of Kansas City's best residence sections. This is the largest high class exclusive residence section in the United States."
Clipping entitled "The Meeting Place" from the Kansas City Post on May 7, 1935 with caption stating, "It was at this station, on the Country Club street car line at Fifty-seventh street and Brookside boulevard, that James M. Kemper, president of the Commerce Trust company, was told to deliver $250,000 in two suitcases to an extortionist. Mr. Kemper was informed that unless he delivered the money he would be kidnaped, held for $500,000 ransome and members of his family would be harmed. A youth who gave his name as Peter Warren was arrested when he met Mr.
Early picture of the 51st Street shopping center, the first business development built by J. C. Nichols Company. At time of photograph, the Country Club Grocery Co. Meat Market took up residence in this building. Located on the northeast corner of Brookside Boulevard and 51st Street, this building was better known by 1925 as part of the Colonial Shops.
Exterior of Colonial Shops at 51st Street between Brookside Boulevard and Oak Street, showing one automobile parked out front. This vantage point faces northeast at the intersection of Brookside Boulevard and 51st Street.
Sponsored by the Women's Community Council, this Christmas pageant was held at 4 PM on December 24, 1921 for all children and parents in the Country Club District. This vantage point faces south at the intersection of Westover Road, 54th Street, and Brookside Boulevard.
Female instructor and six young girls attending a Kansas City Conservatory of Music class in 1920. Brookside Hall was located on the second story of the Brookside Building at the northeast corner of 63rd Street and Brookside Boulevard.
Standard Oil Company Filling Station planned, designed and constructed by the J. C. Nichols Company for the Standard Oil Company. This vantage point faces northeast on Brookside Boulevard just south of 62nd Terrace.