Construction of the Country Club Plaza Theater began on March 2, 1928. The site bounded by 47th Street and the Alameda Road (now Nichols Road), Wyandotte Street, and a new street to be put through on the west (Central Street). This vantage point faces northeast towards the intersection of 47th Street and Wyandotte Street.
This picture of the Country Club Plaza was taken looking southwest from atop the Ponce de Leon building at 4555 Main Street. The view shows Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway) with Alameda Road (now Nichols Road) branching off to the southwest.
250 year old antique Carrara marble bench from Venice, placed outside the wall surrounding one of the free parking stations, in the park space between the wall and public sidewalk. This vantage point faces north-northeast on Ward Parkway just west of Wyandotte Street.
Wider exterior view of Country Club Plaza, at night and during Christmas time, buildings covered in lights with snow on the ground. This picture was taken looking west from atop Chandler's Flower Shop, just east of the intersection of Alameda Road (now Nichols Road) and 47th Street.
Exterior view of the many people attending the 4th Annual Country Club Plaza Artists' Fair at the southwest corner of Central Street and Alameda Road (now Nichols Road), held from September 7-12, 1935. This vantage point faces northeast towards this intersection from atop the J. C. Nichols Company Building.
Halloween decorations on the Plaza, showing the shack of the Plaza Witch who would read your future for free. This picture was taken looking south at the southwest corner of Alameda Road and Central Street. This shack was located at the future site of the Plaza Medical Building. The J. C. Nichols Company Building is shown in the background.
Interior view of Country Club Plaza Theater, showing its staircase, barrel-vaulted ceiling foyer, the Mudejar lighting fixtures in the ceiling, and paired side brackets on the walls, all made in Seville, Spain. The theater is bounded by 47th Street and the Alameda Road (now Nichols Road), Wyandotte Street, and Central Street.