Kansas City in the Jazz Age & Great Depression

5th Street

Displaying 1 - 8 of 8
Object Type: 
Photographs

Photograph of the Metropolitan Hotel located at 5th Street and May Street, southeast corner. Also known as The City hotel according to the scrapbook newspaper clipping.

Object Type: 
Photographs

Circa 1915 photograph with view of 5th Street looking east-northeast toward its intersection with Grand Avenue (now Grand Boulevard) in the right background. Also pictured is Centropolis Hotel (center) and American Steel and Wire Company (right).

Object Type: 
Photographs

Circa 1915 photograph with view of Fifth Street looking east towards its intersection at Central Street (left). Also pictured is the Fifth Avenue Hotel at 305-307 W. Fifth Street. Was earlier known as the Delmonico Hotel.

Object Type: 
Photographs

Photograph of the old City Market facilities on the west side of Walnut Street between 4th Street and 5th Street. This vantage point faces north from 5th Street between Main and Walnut and includes a partial view of a small truck backed up to the market.

Object Type: 
Photographs

Photograph of the Central Italian Evangelical Chapel. Sign on building identifies as Chiesa Evangelica Italiana. This vantage point faces east from the west side of Forest venue just south of 5th Street.

Object Type: 
Photographs
Clippings

Clipping from the Kansas City Star on March 18, 1932 showing James P. Aylward, Casimir J. Welch, James M. Pendergast, William E. Sullivan (left to right, top) as well as Michael Ross (bottom). They are shown attending the Jackson County Convention at the Jackson County Courthouse once located between 5th Street and Missouri Avenue and Oak and Locust streets.

Object Type: 
Photographs

Old municipal market and city hall in the process of being torn down for a new municipal market. This vantage point faces northwest from the intersection of 5th Street and Walnut Street.

Object Type: 
Photographs

Architect's model of the New Municipal Market which was planned to be completed in 1938 on the grounds of the demolished City Hall and Market.