Photograph of the congregation of the St. George Serbian Orthodox Church on the occasion of its consecration in 1925. The church was located at the intersection of Bethany Street and Lowell Avenue in Kansas City, Kansas.
A woman and her child in the railyard area where they lived. Railroad companies reused cars as housing for Mexican railroad workers, many of whom were recent immigrants could not find or afford more permanent housing.
A woman and her child outside of the boxcar where they lived. Railroad companies reused cars as housing for Mexican railroad workers, many of whom were recent immigrants could not find or afford more permanent housing.
Photograph entitled "Wading Time" in which children play in the water near Camp Bo-Ho-Ca, located on the east side of Blue River Road near 121st Street. The camp, named for the first two letters in each word of "Boys Hotel Camp", was a boarding school to young orphaned boys ages 9-14 before joining older boys at the Boys Hotel at 1601 Admiral Boulevard in Kansas City, Missouri. The camp was later leased to the Boy Scouts of America.
Postcard showing the August Meyer Memorial, located between the northbound and southbound lanes of The Paseo at 10th Street in Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces northwest towards the memorial from the intersection of 10th Street and The Paseo. The back of the postcard includes a short letter to Pearl Gordon of St Joseph, Missouri.
Photograph of Columbus Park looking northeast from atop the Karnes Public School at the southwest corner of Charlotte Street and Pacific Street. Pictured are the St. John Bosco Center (center background) and Holy Rosary Church (right background) with the parochial school to the right.
Photograph of one boy and one girl posed outside of the Holy Cross Catholic Church at the closing of May Devotions. This vantage point faces east with the south entrance of the Holy Cross Catholic School on the right.