Photograph of boys learning to make toys and furniture for themselves in a workshop at the Minute Circle Friendly House. The image is featured in the photograph section of the October 29, 1933 issue of the Kansas City Star.
Postcard of the Coca-Cola Building, designed by Arthur Tufts and located at the southeast corner of 21st Street (defunct on this block) and Grand Avenue (presently Grand Boulevard). The Western Auto Supply company became tenants of the building in 1928 and purchased it in 1951. This vantage point faces northeast from the west side of Grand Avenue between 21st Street and 22nd Street.
Circa 1930 photograph with frontal and side view of City Ice Company of Kansas City, Plant No. 1; located at northeast corner of 21st Street and Campbell Street. The building was erected in 1908 as a steam plant and was remodeled in 1927. This vantage point faces northeast from the southwest corner of 21st and Campbell.
Circa 1932 photograph showing a fleet of City Ice Company of Kansas City delivery trucks parked at Plant No. 1; located at 21st and Campbell streets. Identifying information says: "Walker Electrics. The Company owns Walker trucks in 12, 20 and 36-cake sizes. These are used on routes."
Circa 1930 photograph with frontal and side view of City Ice Company of Kansas City, Plant No. 1; located at northeast corner of 21st Street and Campbell Street. The building was erected in 1908 as a steam plant and was remodeled in 1927. This vantage point faces northeast from the southeast corner of 21st and Campbell with coal delivery trucks outside Garage No. One. The trucks are identified as part of the Fuel Service Deptartment.
Newsletter from the City Ice Company, with a statement from company president A. Hardgrave stating that its purpose is "to provide for ... employees a medium of expression" dedicated to employees, stockholders, and friends of the company. The publication includes a note from Chamber of Commerce president F. J. Bannister, a history of early Kansas City written by former librarian Carrie Westlake Whitney, columns on home economics and cooking, information about company events and activities, and anecdotes about employees.
Clipping from September 22, 1931 showing Kansas City Fire Station No. 31. The caption states, "Equipment will be moved today into the new No. 31 fire station at 4516 Troost avenue. The site and building cost $54,000. The station is equipped with a steam heating plant, showers, electric refrigerators and other conveniences. It will house pumper company No. 6, now at fire headquarters, and hook and ladder company No. 8 and district fire chiefs now at Sixtieth street and Troost avenue. A celebration of its opening is being arranged for sometime this week."