Exterior of the Convention Hall that housed the 1928 National Republican Convention in downtown Kansas City, Missouri. This hall was once located on the north side of 13th Street between Wyandotte Street and Central Street. It was razed after the completion of the Municipal Auditorium in 1935. This vantage point faces northeast on Central Street, just south of 13th Street. The caption reads, "Scene of the Republican national convention at Kansas City. A huge spread eagle design on a sunburst jewel was suspended before Convention hall just before the opening of the convention.
Photograph of the Municipal Auditorium and Power and Light Building in the background, taken along 14th Street, Kansas City, Missouri, ca. 1930s. This vantage point faces east on 14th Street just west of Central Street.
Interior view of Country Club Plaza Theater, showing its staircase, barrel-vaulted ceiling foyer, the Mudejar lighting fixtures in the ceiling, and paired side brackets on the walls, all made in Seville, Spain. The theater is bounded by 47th Street and the Alameda Road (now Nichols Road), Wyandotte Street, and Central Street.
This picture was taken looking north from atop the J. C. Nichols Building, between Broadway and Central Street, Alameda Road and Ward Parkway. The parking lot was located between Broadway and Central Street, Alameda Road and 47th Street. The Plaza Balcony Building is shown in background.
Antique well-head originally from Barcelona, standing in the lounge. It concealed a drinking fountain. The theater is bounded by 47th Street and the Alameda Road (now Nichols Road), Wyandotte Street, and Central Street.
Construction of the Country Club Plaza Theater began on March 2, 1928. The site bounded by 47th Street and the Alameda Road (now Nichols Road), Wyandotte Street, and a new street to be put through on the west (Central Street). This vantage point faces northeast towards the intersection of 47th Street and Wyandotte Street.
Exterior view of the many people attending the 4th Annual Country Club Plaza Artists' Fair at the southwest corner of Central Street and Alameda Road (now Nichols Road), held from September 7-12, 1935. This vantage point faces northeast towards this intersection from atop the J. C. Nichols Company Building.