Kansas City in the Jazz Age & Great Depression
Displaying 1 - 11 of 11

View shows the south wing of St. Luke's Hospital under construction. This was the first addition to the original building. This picture was taken looking southwest just south of the 4300 block of Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway). Although the original building pictured still stands, it is now obstructed from view on J C Nichols Parkway by hospital extension to the east.

Date: 
1920

Interior of Chandler's Flower Shop facing north, a man and woman are browsing the store's floral arrangements. The building pictured was once located at the southwestern corner of 47th Street and Mill Creek Parkway (now Baltimore Avenue).

Date: 
1920

This picture of Chandler's Flower Shop was taken looking southwest at the intersection of 47th Street and Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway).

Date: 
1920

This aerial photograph of the Country Club Plaza was taken near Oak Street just south of 47th Street (now Emanuel Cleaver II Boulevard). Chandler's Nursery in the foreground with Sinclair Filling Station across the street to the North; the White Rose Filling Station to the west; Brush Creek to the south; the Standard Oil Filling Station at the corner of Wornall Road and Mill Creek Parkway.

Date: 
1922

Exterior view of the White Eagle Oil and Refining Company Filling Station at 46th Terrace and Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway). A black automobile and one driver are outside the filling station. This picture was taken looking northwest on Mill Creek Parkway just south of 46th Terrace.

Date: 
1922

This picture of the Suydam Building was taken in the Country Club Plaza looking west-southwest on Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway) just north of 47th Street. The Suydam Building was later occupied by the House of Beauty and the Claude Keyes Drug Store.

Date: 
1923

This picture of the Suydam Building was taken in the Country Club Plaza looking north-northwest at the intersection of Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway) and 47th Street. The Suydam Building was later occupied by the House of Beauty and the Claude Keyes Drug Store. Gas station also pictured.

Date: 
1923

This picture of the Country Club Plaza was taken looking southwest from atop the Ponce de Leon building at 4555 Main Street. The view shows Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway) with Alameda Road (now Nichols Road) branching off to the southwest.

Date: 
1923

This picture was taken looking south on Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway) toward the intersection of Mill Creek and 47th Street.

Date: 
1923

Wide view of the apartment buildings along Mill Creek Parkway. This photograph was taken looking northwest from atop the Ponce de Leon at 4555 Main Street, Kansas City, Missouri.

Date: 
1924

The Avon Shop opened October 1, 1924 at 108 W. 47th Street on the first floor of the Tower Building. This vantage point faces north on 47th Street just west of Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway).

Date: 
1924